Review of The Lawyer as CEO

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faithy_Star
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: What Does Your Daddy Do? by Joshua Page

Review of The Lawyer as CEO

Post by Faithy_Star »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Lawyer as CEO" by Reza Torkzadeh.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Lawyer as CEO by Reza Torkzadeh is a book for every lawyer who wants to thrive in the 21st-century world. Using the context of the United States, he wrote that several law firms struggle or never attain a high level of success. He explained the possible reasons for this as well as their solutions. To begin with, they do not possess the necessary unique qualities and strategies in various areas, like marketing. As a result, they must establish what works for them. Again, they might have relegated their roles as leaders to the background. He then suggested important steps to take control of your law firm. How lawyers generally treat their clients was also an issue. He explained the long-aged attitudes of lawyers toward their clients and why they must change to be able to thrive in the modern day. Furthermore, he explored the role of technology in the effectiveness of firms. Finally, the health of an owner also spills into the success of a firm. Hence, the role of self-care was explored. Read this book to learn more in detail.

Indeed, if clarity was a book, it would be The Lawyer as CEO by Reza Torkzadeh. The ease of understanding this book is second to none and is most likely the first quality every reader will notice. I did not have to think to understand any single sentence. All the chapters, topics, divisions, and sentences flowed seamlessly with each other. I particularly appreciate this because I have read several books that made me rack my brain a lot. I commend the author for this.

Torkzadeh elaborated on his points and created a vivid picture, mainly by using his experiences. For instance, in explaining why a lawyer must take control, he introduced the state of his firm at a point in his career and how it made him feel. He then explained how he tackled the situation by letting go of many employees, among others. While this may seem cliche, I believe these experiences will be relatable to firm owners.

A point that stood out for me was how successful the author’s firm has been in the application of these strategies, especially during the 2020 pandemic. I mean, the whole point of the book entails tips you can adopt to be a successful lawyer. So it is nice to see that the author is living the results. At least, this is another proof that the author didn’t just dole out generic strategies that have not been tested. Although the author is a US attorney, which makes the book geared toward them, I believe attorneys from other countries will benefit from this book.

I had a pleasant experience while reading this book, so there is no negative comment here. Since I found only an error, the book was professionally edited. Flowing from these, this book is qualified to receive a rating of four out of four stars. All independent lawyers, law firm owners, or intending firm owners will find this book to be a helpful guide. As a result, I recommend it to them. 

The Lawyer as CEO
View: on Bookshelves
ExcellenceAwuzie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by ExcellenceAwuzie »

The name itself drew me to read the review. I would say this book is a perfect match for intending lawyers and Student lawyers.
Odala00phiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala00phiri.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Odala00phiri »

This book is a step up for lawyers. I agree that most lawyers don't achieve more success in their careers. Topics in this book may guide them on how they should break through.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”