Review of The Passion Filed Life

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JonesLeeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonesleeh.html
Latest Review: What Would The Founding Fathers Tell Us Today? by Werner Neff

Review of The Passion Filed Life

Post by JonesLeeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Passion Filed Life" by Bruce Schultz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bruce Schultz comes with a different perspective to look at life. First, he tells readers to “understand what makes you lose focus.” We all have weaknesses. Watching too much Netflix or alcohol and substance abuse may be among the things making us lose direction in life. After identifying the root of the problem, we should plan our life. One way of doing that is by pinpointing what our passions are.

We cannot always rely on our knowledge alone, so Bruce informs us it is okay to seek advice from different people. Also, when pessimistic thoughts kick in, we should act hastily to eliminate them. For every decision we make, we need to remain confident and optimistic. Having virtues is vital in the anchorage of our goals to success. While undertaking our passions, consistency is imperative!

There are two specific chapters I enjoyed. The first one was about leaving our comfort zone. The author reminds us that we inevitably have to face challenges before acquiring success. The journey has to have a few ups and downs. To overcome the mountains, we have to leave our comfort zones. When challenges face us, we ought to look at ways to confront them. We should be bold enough to soldier on through life!

The second chapter discussed setting goals. What are your aims in life? Is it making your business an international brand? Bruce says, “Always learn where your interests lie before you set out your personal goals.” He then quotes people like Orison Marden and Andrew Carnegie to complement his arguments. After setting the goals we profoundly want to accomplish, the process of actualizing them begins.

What type of goals do we set in life? I ask this because we need goals that nudge us to wake up from bed and work hard. The results will pay off after putting in the effort required. Sometimes we may be tempted to give in to our fears and anxiety. We can never progress in life if we choose to let our worries define us. We should live past our fears.

As I found no grammatical errors, The Passion Filled Life by Bruce Schultz is well edited. I loved the numerous quotations, specifically those that nudged me to perform better and relinquish my comfort zones. I saw nothing to dislike. Thus, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to anyone who desires to approach life from a positive perspective.

The Passion Filed Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mahwish Asgher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahwish-asgher.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 15%

Post by Mahwish Asgher »

Beautiful review! Very helpful to give an insight into the book! I love motivational and enlightening books and I agree with what you have said in the review that we should not loose our focus and we should try to optimistic and persistent in achieving our goals.
Jules Tasha
Currently Reading: Think and Live Longer
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jules-m.html
Latest Review: Jake Miller by Billy Ray Williams

Post by Jules Tasha »

In my few years of existence i can also attest that it is the passion within us that motivates us. Passions always choose our paths even without our knowledge. I'll definitely add this to my shelf.
Odala00phiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala00phiri.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Odala00phiri »

One man is not an island. It is right to seek to advise from others. I agree with the author. I would like to read this book. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”