Review of Chaos To Clarity

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JamesJaphet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamesjaphet.html
Latest Review: The Placeholder by Lynda Wolters

Review of Chaos To Clarity

Post by JamesJaphet »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Chaos To Clarity" by Marci Hopkins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Chaos to Clarity by Marci Hopkins is a book about the personal experiences of the author Marci who was sexually abused at a young age and whose past trauma made her turn into an alcohol addict. One event made her wake up to reality, and she decided to walk down the road of recovery. She was able to heal her past trauma, mend her broken relationships and create a life beyond her wildest dreams with the help of her newly found faith in God. Join Marci as she details this amazing journey to a healthy and happy future.

This is a very interesting read, I must say. I have read a lot of books on healing, and one unique thing I noticed in this book is how expressive Marci is. Marci is an exceptional storyteller. Although I have never been sexually abused or addicted to alcohol, Marci made me feel like I now have a firsthand experience of abuse through her exceptional storytelling. It was very easy to share in her pain right from the very young age of six. I shared the pain of a child who wanted love and support from her mom, who yearned to have a stable family, and who needed protection from her father but got her worst nightmare. Her quest for love made her turn to the wrong people, and her quest to numb the endless pain turned her to alcohol.

Aside from being really inspiring, I love that this book has also created more awareness of signs that a child or adult is being sexually abused in silence as well as signs that a person has an unhealthy relationship with alcohol and is slowly becoming addicted without even realizing it. Solutions have been provided for these victims in this book. I also love how soothing Marci's tone is in the book. She never tries to impose any idea on the reader, but instead, he invites him to give those new ideas a try. An instance of such ideas is learning the law of attraction and spirituality. I would lastly like to commend the editors of this book; they did an outstanding job. I found just one error in the book.

I found nothing to dislike about this book. It was a wholesome read, and I enjoyed reading through every one of its pages. Chaos to Clarity by Marci Hopkins deserves all the credit it can get, so I rate it a 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to sexual abuse victims and family members who wish to help them through the experience. I also recommend this book to alcohol addicts looking for ways to quit the addiction but don’t know how to begin. Finally, I recommend this book to parents; they should be able to pick one or two pieces of parenting advice from Marci Hopkins.

Chaos To Clarity
View: on Bookshelves
ExcellenceAwuzie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by ExcellenceAwuzie »

It's really sad and painful to be abused at a very young age of six.
But I really love the personality of Marci who later discovered herself.
Joy Karimi 2
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 39
2022 Reading Goal: 40
2022 Goal Completion: 15%

Post by Joy Karimi 2 »

Marci's journey made me realize that in every situation there is a choice,,either to stay stagnated in chaos or stand up for oneself and begin again
Odala00phiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala00phiri.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Odala00phiri »

It's joyous to hear that she recovered from being an addict to alcohol. It's traumatic to have sexual abuse. Great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”