Review of The MECE Muse

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ukamaka_Christiana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukamaka-christiana.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of The MECE Muse

Post by Ukamaka_Christiana »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The MECE Muse" by Christie Lindor.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you nurse big dreams of becoming a consultant one day? Do you feel like, as a consultant, your skills are not effective enough to take you through your career? Christie Lindor's book is all you need to make your desires come through and change the narrative. The MECE Muse offers the complete and effective mastery of basic habits and decision-making skills, which consultants need in their careers. MECE, which stands for Mutually Exclusive Collectively Exhaustive, is a technique used by management consulting to solve complex business problems. The first step a consultant will take, is to decide the type of consultant he or she wants to be. Christie Lindor emphasizes the inspiring and motivating roles of consultants. The mindset great consultants need to have, in the digital age, is highlighted as well. The book has many secrets to spill. What could they be? A thorough reading of this book is the way to find your answers.

Right from the beginning, I became impressed with the book. The table of content shows a lot of organization. This is a bit of what the book has in store. I would like to refer to Christie Lindor's book as a well constructed gold mine, glittering in all its corners. Every point written about is duly highlighted and exhaustively explained. I love the fact that points are well organized and free from any sort of vagueness.

I love the inspiring undertones which the book has. The author attached proverbs at the beginning of every chapter. I believe that this is enough to motivate anyone reading the rules of the book to apply what they have read, afterwards. This is because they believe in positive results.

My best parts of this book are the MECE Mentoring Moment and interviews with top consulting leaders. I found these aspects of the book very educative in addition to other information in the book. I admired the efforts these leaders made to get to the point they are. Most importantly, I admired that a greater part of their success resulted from applying tried and tested MECE habits.

As for me, I didn't encounter a negative streak while reading The MECE Muse.

I love how the contents of the book are well organized. Good arrangements of tables, charts, diagrams and so on. There are no typographical and grammatical errors. As a result, the book earns a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

Aspiring consultants and those already in the business of consulting should read this book. It will help them grow in numerous areas.

The MECE Muse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”