Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
danopsy93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danopsy93.html
Latest Review: The Time Agents: Search for the Leon Key by Sam Libraty

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by danopsy93 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace is a memoir written by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah. This book provided details about the adventure of the writer in his fight for peace and against racism. This book was divided into seventeen chapters, which did justice to the memoir. His journey towards achieving peace is a long and inspiring one that is worth to be read.

Ghoulem Berrah was born in the country Algeria. He noticed right from a young age how the people of his country were treated by the French citizens, who lived amidst them. His people were treated like second-class citizens in their own country, and this was seen in all aspects of their lives, ranging from occupation to education, to standard of living and many more. Ghoulem made a difference in a country filled with much racism and injustice. He became excellent in his education and got that which people deem was unattainable. His journey to make a difference motivated him to join politics, which set him on the path to freeing his people from oppression. These made him famous as his fight for peace was not just felt in Algeria, but all over the world. What were his achievements?

The book was well-written and easy to read as the English used were simple. The author made sure that readers were well-informed about the history and detail of his origin. This made it easy for me to relate to some of his decisions. The author also included enough detail about things that happened in his life. These detail allowed me to conclude that he was not just a doctor, but a born leader who used his profession and his political intelligence to make a difference. I loved the way the author made this book different from the other memoirs by including a sense of humour throughout the book. He also used some pictures which helped me to understand the story. All these made me enjoy this book.

Reading this book that was 655 pages long was challenging, but the way the book was presented in the first-person narrative made it easy. The storyline was well-structured, and it kept drawing me into the book. There was nothing to dislike in this book, as it was perfectly planned and written. The book was exceptionally edited, and I noticed no errors in it.

Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars . There was no reason to deduct points. I will recommend this book to people who love memoirs that centre on politics, leadership and peace. I gained a lot in this book as it allowed me to have a feel for African politics.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”