Review of The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Martin Skinn3r
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martin-skinn3r.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Review of The Biblical Clock

Post by Martin Skinn3r »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This potentially controversial book by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon has lofty ambitions of bringing together science and religion into congruence. Taking from biblical scriptures and using the lense of Abrahamic religions, the authors hike a very tall mountain of scientific theories to make better sense of the timeline of the great universe. They employ the insights of history's smartest people, along with a great deal of liberal imagination to tell a very bold story that is both exciting and plausible. Whether they succeed in their mission or not, depends wholly on the reader, their own biases and ideas, and their will to forego everything they may think they know to better absorb this book.

There's very little doubt that The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan is ambitious. That was my biggest take from reading this work. There was an extraordinary amount of research that went into pulling together the bibliography. There was also an incredible amount of fictional prowess that went into writing each chapter, especially the tenth chapter, which focuses on a fictional Jerusalem in 2133. This was also another source of enjoyment. The story wasn't as sci-fi or as bizarre as I expected it to be. Instead, it made the "end of the world" seem so real that I could actually see it happening exactly as they "predict" it could happen.

What's not to love about this book? It is as close to perfection as it can possibly be in that it never takes a misstep. It is confidently put together. It strikes and lands every single time. I have to acknowledge that although the idea that the universe might have been created over millennia isn't new or original, this book puts on a great showing of actually trying to explain, mathematically, how this is possible.

The excellent editing gave me no other reason than to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I loved every tiny bit of it. It is the product of immense hard work and a dedicated duo who went through great lengths to plot a really inspired take on the old idea that science and religion have some commonalities when it comes to the age of universal existence.

This is the kind of book that is religious in many senses, and it would probably suit those who follow dogma. But I would also recommend it to those who are curious about the subject matter. It has the potential to be a great learning opportunity for those who page through it. I think that it isn't particularly suitable for teenagers and the younger ones, because of how complicated it can be.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”