Review of The Intelligence Factor

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Charlienmegan Wehner
Currently Reading: Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlienmegan-wehner.html
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King

Review of The Intelligence Factor

Post by Charlienmegan Wehner »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Intelligence Factor" by Erik Fisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher is a robust guide for those who aspire to be a more successful seller. Several strategies are discussed throughout this book that focus on strengthening the seller’s approach. These proven tips can help the seller with finding their ideal customer, studying their competition, timing their sales successfully, and staying resilient. Fisher promotes a holistic approach that considers the emotional side of selling, from facing fears to having a confident approach. This book considers the evolution of sales with the addition of online marketing. Many updated sales strategies are discussed in this book to adapt to the modern era of selling.

I greatly appreciated the number of details and resources throughout this book. The chapters are nicely organized so that it takes the reader through the chronological steps of a successful sale. The information is presented in an informal manner, including several examples that create an easy learning experience. I found the first section of the book to be very valuable for a novice salesperson. The author breaks down many failure points that can prevent a salesperson from having success. For instance, fear often overtakes newer salespeople. Exercises are offered to recognize and ultimately run towards fear to overcome this emotion. There is additionally a free workbook available for download that allows the reader to practice several of these exercises throughout their business. I found the workbook to be very useful to cement some of these techniques.

I would recommend the author to break down a few higher-level key concepts for those who are newer to sales. For example, the author refers to prospecting quite a few times. The first time this concept is mentioned, there is no definition of what prospecting is. Instead, the author jumps right into sales tactics to manage prospects. I had to look up this concept to better grasp the author’s meaning, which broke my focus on the book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book is a great reference guide for those looking to improve their knowledge of the art of sales. A significant number of techniques and recommendations in the book are sure to be helpful. I also found the workbook to be a valuable addition for increasing one’s comfort when applying many of the techniques.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is seeking to build upon their current level of sales knowledge and strategies. Readers who appreciate hands-on exercises will also find the companion workbook to be a helpful tool.

The Intelligence Factor
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King
Benny Rach
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benny-rach.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Benny Rach »

The book's emphasis on taking charge of one's time and resources is a valuable lesson for salespeople looking to succeed in today's fast-paced business environment.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”