Review of Journey of a prophet

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
peace_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-m.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of Journey of a prophet

Post by peace_m »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Journey of a prophet" by Kaarin Alisa.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Journey of a Prophet by Kaarin Alisa is a 596-page book that narrates in neat detail the life journey of the Prophet Yeshua. It also illuminates his background, family, community, and societal activity in a very intriguing tale recounted like no other.

Yeshua was born with uncommon abilities and divine purpose. He grows under the watchful eyes of his unique parents, Philar, the unseen and the divine creator. With a voracious appetite for knowledge and understanding, he is admitted to the International University, where he excels greatly, then moves to the Temple of Man and finally to the Bon temple. Yeshua undergoes in-depth training to explore his abilities and protect himself for the journey ahead. He falls into the ways of men and gets addicted to drugs, but he is delivered by a healer called Nadia. As life progresses for him and he ascends to be the head of his community, he finds his suitable life partner is Miriam, the priestess of the goddess. Together they build a family, protect their community from the blood-thirsty Roman commander, Oranos, and fulfill the mandate for which Yeshua was born on Earth.

Kaarin Alisa knits her words and sentences with an addictive and gripping style. With so much going on, the author could balance each unfolding event simultaneously without leaving any out. She was descriptive and detailed in her work, leaving maps and routes to illustrate her story further. The book is about a character that is very much known in our world, but the author whipped up things to be much spicier with additional narratives and quotations from different characters in the book. My favourite quote says, “What you pay attention to, you get to keep.”

I like how detailed and descriptive this book is. It shows that much thought, work, and crafting were employed, making the book more memorable. My favourite character was Mary. She was an anchor and a pillar to the family and community. Also, no situation was too great or small for her great wisdom and unique understanding. She was a comforter and a resting tower for everyone who sought refuge. It made her character stand out reputably. My favourite scene in this book was when Herod behaved erratically due to the torture by John’s slain spirit, and everyone thought he was mad. I think he deserved it.

This book is professionally edited and devoid of errors. For this reason, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I highly recommend this book to readers looking for a spiritual quest and a refreshing perspective on life on Earth. On a final note, there is nothing to dislike about the book.

Journey of a prophet
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Damis Seres Rodriguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Damis Seres Rodriguez »

Honestly, I don't think this book is the right one for me, but I really liked your review! Thank you.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

Pastors face a lot of challenges on earth which a lot of their members don't know. This is a good review
Lori Phoenix
Favorite Book: This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness
Currently Reading: The Castle Of Troubled Souls Hotel
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reading Device: B071KGVXVS

Post by Lori Phoenix »

I'm not drawn to read it because of my own studies, and creativity. Also appreciate the author for the storyline. I hope many read to develop broader aspects of the One we call, Christ.

Thank you for the review.
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

It seems like an interesting book but this is not my type of book. I can tell from your review about a little of the book and how interesting the book is. Thanks for your review.
Gift Mazibuko
Favorite Author: Victoria Christopher Murray
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven!
Bookshelf Size: 18
fav_author_id: 27573

Post by Gift Mazibuko »

Great review and very interesting to learn that having a calling does not mean you are immune to the things of this world you can be caught up too. but I like the fact that he knew he had a divine purpose and he must protect himself when you know that you're called helps you to bounce back from any situations.
Jerry Cains
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jerry Cains »

Much of the Definition of the prophet seems to be contradited and defeated hope the author did not just take pleasure in blaspheming any one or communicating a story they have few or no facts about..or they needed to settle and rewrite that book or even write two or more books
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

I like the author's explanation of the Yashua and what it meant to her. She gave a broader view view of what christ represents in my own opinion. I agree that the author said He had divine purpose, but I do not agree with some of the analogies the author presented.
James Opolot
Favorite Author: Ken Rusk
Currently Reading: The Wicked Wives
Bookshelf Size: 23
fav_author_id: 216032

Post by James Opolot »

I'm interested in this book because it touches the spiritual life where at least every human being belongs somewhere at one point and I love it
So much
Samuelsky7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Samuelsky7 »

From your careful and not so carefree review of this book, I don't think that i have to look elsewhere for a more clearer and candid illustration of the book's content and the author's style of writing.Nice review
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

I think my favourite character would be nary too, but I love Yeshua's desire for more knowledge. Great review.
Md Sofequl Islam

Post by Md Sofequl Islam »

From your careful and not so carefree review of this book, I don't think that i have to look elsewhere for a more clearer and candid illustration of the book's content and the author's style of writing.Nice review
Jatto Onimisi
Currently Reading: Shitolian
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jatto-onimisi.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Jatto Onimisi »

I see this book is likely to generate controversy between people in the Abraham religion for the similarities and differences in the details of the iconic figure. Still, you have provided a good primer for readers on what to expect.
Haga joh

Post by Haga joh »

This is a mind blowing book. If you can open up your heart and mind and faith . the book will enrich and transform your life and faith

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”