Review of Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Review of Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As believers in the Christian faith, you must either be on the side where you lead or on the side where you receive leads. If you are on the leadership side, the question is to know whether you have been influencing your followers with the ultimate right method that would yield the ultimate right results.

The ultimate right method is coaching followers, while the ultimate right result is the ability of the followers to work out answers to their questions, discover their God-given dreams, and realize them.

On the other hand, if you are currently on the follower side, the question now is to know whether you subject yourself to be coached or to be preached to.

This is crucial to know if you want to be sure of getting fulfilled just like your leaders or even beyond the dream capacity of your leaders.

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer is a non-fiction novel that seeks to practically educate the Christian leaders on how to increase their dream capacity and power of influence on their followers, which would consolidate the followers' ability to also discover their role in Christendom; therefore, they get fulfilled. It also seeks to help followers to know what they must thirst for (to be coached to also know how to follow Jesus) to achieve fulfillment in their God-given dreams. The book uses biblical references, quotes, real-life encounters, recommended practices, and messages of faith to pass his teachings.

The author starts by preparing the readers' minds on what the book is all about and points out how the book would benefit the readers. For example, the author specifies where a particular level of spiritual leaders can start reading the book and where they can probably skip.

Using the need to follow Jesus and the Bible as the ultimate way, the author seeks to give his message of how human beings can live a reasonable life—doing great in all areas of life, be it professionally, financially, or in one's relational life with others.

The author tends to include some researched works in addition to the biblical references he included. This makes the book sound more logical and proves that the concepts were analyzed from different perspectives. For example, while he explains how dangerous it is to have an incomplete view of oneself as opposed to who God has recorded one to be, he referred to a concept called ‘Enneagram.’ From his experience with this concept, he explained the concept as describing nine personality types and how it gives an incomplete view of who we are.

The book is professionally edited, as I could only find a few punctuation errors, which did not deprive me of meaningful comprehension of the book. I didn't find any objective reason to dislike anything from the book. The author writes with a vibe that proves his sincere desire for the book to make an impact in the lives of readers. I, therefore, rate Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute with 4 out of 4 stars.

The book would be beneficial to Christian religious leaders and other followers of Christ who hope to lead one day but don't have a dream yet. The book is fortified with biblical references and excerpts. So, if you would not like to see these features, you may not read the book.

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Nino Chinonso Onwurah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nino-chinonso-onwurah.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Nino Chinonso Onwurah »

Any book that motivates me to enjoy a fulfilling existence is worth my time. From your review, I can sense that the author has done a remarkable job. Well done.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

Being a leader can be very tasking, so I'll definitely read any book that can help me get better. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

If you're a follower (and let's face it, that's easier) you have to know who you're following. Just because someone is good doesn't mean you want to be like them.
Judy46
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy46.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas

Post by Judy46 »

I completely agree with you. Leaders should always do their best to influence their followers right, this book gives tips on how to do this effectively. Great review.
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

There's a lot to learn here, especially for Christians. I also want to say that followers should be mindful of the fact that they can lead. When leadership responsibilities come to them, they should take them up as skillfully as their leaders would have (or taught them to ).
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

This book seems like a good self-help book to read. The fact that you can read any part at any time makes it even more unique. Thanks for a wonderful review.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Jane Ogwang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jane Ogwang »

The book is inspiring and insightful, and so is your review. Nice job.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

This book is an eye opener, I learned alot from the book, the author's creative writing is top-notch. Great review.
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

They say the grave is the richest place on earth because of dreams that were not achieved. This book will inspire and motivate individuals on their dream pursuit and tactical ways to go about it. Thanks for the insightful review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

The book is a good self-help book and sounds like a good read. I look forward to reading the book. Good review
GNerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnerd.html

Post by GNerd »

Still reading this book and I must say you did justice to this wonderful book. I hope to find it as interesting as you said. Great job
Crabby69
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crabby69.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Crabby69 »

The book gives both circular and the principle of becoming an impactful leader. Well done on your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”