Review of Lead with Love

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Review of Lead with Love

Post by Darlings O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lead with Love" by Tori Shaw.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Negative attitudes towards abortion, less community or home support, pressure from partners to have a procedure, and negative attitudes about experiencing an abortion, impact how a woman responds before or after the procedure.

Tori Shaw's Lead with Love is a book that was written to assist the pro-life movement on better and more effective ways to talk to or influence women who want to abort their children and to help women who have gone through abortion to heal and move forward through the help of God and love.

Through her life experiences and others, she showed us what abortion wounded women go through. She had to hide the fact that she did an abortion for many years, even from her mother, because of fear of the stigma attached to it. She also felt guilt, shame, and regret until she got married and met God.

They are many positive aspects to this book. I enjoyed it enormously. I loved that it educated me on what women go through before and after the procedure, like a form of self-awareness regarding the dangers of abortion and the pain and trauma that may occur during the procedure, whether through medication or by going to the hospital. I liked that she emphasized that the pro-life movement should be careful regarding the way they talk to or approach abortion-minded women. They should not attack, insult or make sarcastic comments; instead, they should approach these persons with love. She also said that they should not judge these women but rather put themselves in their shoes and not be blinded by their own perspectives. Tori, the author, made it clear that to God, both the mother's and the child’s life matter, so the pro-life movement should show and teach the woman that God loves her. She also provided tips on what the pro-life movement should do and not do to influence and help abortion-minded and abortion wounded women.

One negative aspect of this book is that though the author gave relevant points and discussed important issues, I am still in a state of fear and confusion about abortion being right or wrong because she clearly stated that abortion is a sin in the eyes of God and gave instances in the bible where it is punishable by death. I am still of the view that keeping or terminating the child should be the mother's choice. However, adoption is a solution If you can't care for the child. There is still a trauma of handing over your baby to another after caring the child for nine months. Another negative aspect of the author's view of adoption being a sin. What if you are a female in Africa and still under your parents' care and are faced with the issue of an unwanted pregnancy? What choice do you have? When you lack the money and support of your family or the man who impregnated you, what other choice do you have?

I will be rating this book a 4 out of 4 because it is well-written, exceptionally well edited, and really enlightening and resourceful. No error, profanity, or vulgar words were found.

Lead with love is a must-read for Christians. I recommend this book to young women, adults, parents, or individuals that have gone through abortion or deciding to go through an abortion. I also recommend this book to anyone who wants to help in changing the mind of a person wanting to go through abortion or who has gone through one.

Lead with Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pelumi Aikore
Currently Reading: From This Night, Forever More
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pelumi-aikore.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Pelumi Aikore »

I love your review, being a female myself I can definitely relate with your write up about the abortion choice being left up to the mother, you did a very good job with writing this review and it has pike up my curiosity to read this book, will love to know what the author has in mind with the "abortion is a sin" line
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

There are so many perspectives on abortion depending on societal acceptability.I love the author's perspective and this has attracted me to read the book. good review.
Mercy Mwandira
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Mercy Mwandira »

l do understand the story and about the arbotion in the bible is not right to do so ,cause its sin to the innocent soul.
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

I would have said abortion is a bad thing cause it really is, but it’s not good to judge others from your comfort zone. Thanks for a great review!
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I liked that she emphasized that the pro-life movement should be careful regarding the way they talk to or approach abortion-minded women.
I agree with the premise of this book! Persuasion for women to choose not to abort children cannot be done by attacking or trying to shame or shock people.
julietmumbua23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julietmumbua23.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by julietmumbua23 »

There are such powerful themes in this book. Great review.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

Abortion must be discouraged, we don't need to bring a child to the world for them to start suffering. This is really bad.
Isaac Arku-Paintsil
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Isaac Arku-Paintsil »

It's really nice and educative. People should put their selves in abortion women's shoe and know how it's going to be. They should be approached with love and compassion
Titus Fuller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-titus-fuller.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by Titus Fuller »

I love this objective approach to this review, because many people condemn mothers who perform an abortion without having a full understanding of the berden they have to bear.
Madu Abigail
Currently Reading: The Unseelie Crown
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madu-abigail.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Madu Abigail »

as much as abortions are not very safe, people should refrain from judging others. Nice review
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

In my opinion, I think abortion is bad but I can't judge others who have decided to walk on that path because I believe everybody has his own reasons to each decision they make. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Odala J Phiri
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala-j-phiri.html
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Post by Odala J Phiri »

Having an encounter with God is a game changer. Abortion are common nowadays but as a Christian I don't believe that they are the best solution. In fact, it is prohibited character in Christianity as it is equivalent to murder. That is why Tori stopped after meeting God.
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”