Review of The MECE Muse

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EVERLASTING 22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-everlasting-22.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Review of The MECE Muse

Post by EVERLASTING 22 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The MECE Muse" by Christie Lindor.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A well-considered and well-executed consultant success plan. These are the few things that come to mind while describing Christie Lindor's The MECE Muse. Climbing the corporate ladder isn't always simple, as anyone in the consulting industry will tell you. But how do you achieve in this world of compromise? How can you strike a balance between a regular life and a successful consulting career? What methods do you use to develop your social skills? This masterpiece aims to introduce a touch of philosophy and psychology to the professional perspective in order to respond to and provide authentic, useful for thought insights to all of these issues.

I had assumed that the responsibilities described in the literature only applied to Consultants. However, after reading it, I noticed that it has some useful advice for how people should communicate and connect. Christie is a voice to be heard; with over fifteen years of consulting experience and work with top management consulting firms, she approaches the subject in a lighthearted but instructive manner that is easy to assimilate into daily life. You can't get enough of Lindor's nuggets in the areas of life that really matter, from sound consistent guidance on how to become a brilliant advisor to how to best use your language to get messages across or even how to correctly shake people's hands.

Aside from the strategy for solving all of the problems, I couldn't help but notice a few other remarkable qualities. At first glance, The MECE Muse appears to be a vast volume. It is, nevertheless, a rather easy book to read. I believe that breaking down such a difficult subject into easily digestible bits resulted in a highly understandable read. I also enjoyed how the helpful graphics were used to make the sections that needed further explanation more complete. From the graph representing the many types of consultants in the Consulting career to the illustrated figure depicting the complete Consulting Ecosystem in a nutshell, all of my questions were clearly answered, which I appreciated. My favorite feature of the text was all of the guiding lessons that apply to any sector other than consulting, my favorite being that everyone should make time for themselves because it is crucial for their health. Similarly, Christie advises that if your health deteriorates, you will be rendered ineffective to the customer. All of the preceding are just a few of the numerous takeaways that I believe added significantly to the text's excellent ending and increased its inventiveness.

I didn't find anything in this text that I didn't appreciate. There were no obvious faults in my reading experience. This logic backs up my assertion that professional editing was done prior to publishing. The language used is also simple and easy to understand for the typical reader. I give The MECE Muse the highest possible rating of four out of four stars for all of the reasons indicated above.

It's something I recommend to both aspiring consultants and seasoned consultants. It's also a great book for anyone who wishes to see life from a fresh perspective.

The MECE Muse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

The book speaks of wisdom and experience. I look forward to reading and drink from the wealth of knowledge of the author. Great reveiw
EVERLASTING 22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-everlasting-22.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by EVERLASTING 22 »

It does speak in depth. The author has worked with many major companies that thrive in modern times. Thank you for stopping by.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”