Review of Unmasking Type 2 Diabetes, Kidney Disease, and Heart Disease

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Unmasking Type 2 Diabetes, Kidney Disease, and Heart Disease by Veltisezar Bautista

Review of Unmasking Type 2 Diabetes, Kidney Disease, and Heart Disease

Post by Adaeze Joan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Unmasking Type 2 Diabetes, Kidney Disease, and Heart Disease" by Veltisezar Bautista.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book is a guide that carefully describes a new approach to putting diabetes in remission and reversing heart and kidney disease. Diabetes is a metabolic disease that occurs when the pancreas is not able to produce enough hormones (insulin) to help blood sugar enter different body cells to be used as energy. Most times, this could lead to many other diseases such as heart failure, kidney disease, and lots more.

Millions of people suffer from prediabetes without knowing it. Mostly because its symptoms are not very noticeable, it tends to extend to Type 2 diabetes. Veltisezar Bautista, in his book, Unmasking Type 2 Diabetes, Kidney Disease, and Heart Disease: How To Put These Diseases into Remission or Better Condition With 19 Ways of Treatment by Someone Who Did it, has carefully explained these diseases and lots more that could be related to them. He stated their causes, symptoms, prevention, and feasible treatment. The author had suffered heart failure, kidney disease, and diabetes. And in this book, he shared his experiences during those periods and how he was able to put all of them in reverse.

This book was written in a descriptive and well-organized format. The author began each chapter with a list of its content. Biological terms and surgical procedures were all well explained, and this made the book very easy to understand. I love that the author added a lot of pictures with labels to give readers more clues on what he was talking about. I also found the book’s cover quite befitting.

There were a lot of interesting things I discovered in this book, for instance, how to calculate the amount of water you should drink per day using your body weight and how to calculate your BMI (Body Mass Index). I was exposed to different types of diseases and healthcare organizations I didn’t know existed. This book made me curious and pushed me to do thorough research to find out more about these diseases. I noticed a few editing issues, such as punctuation errors, grammar errors, and excessive space between words. It seems this book needs another round of editing. Therefore I rate it 2 out of 4 stars. I removed two stars because of the complaints stated above. Apart from this, there was nothing I disliked about this book.

After I read through the chapters of this book, it was clear that the author did thorough research. This book was not written from the author’s experiences and knowledge alone. Bautista made reference to a lot of people, websites, and healthcare organizations. The facts mentioned in this book seem quite accurate. I recommend it to people who are suffering from diabetes or any illness caused by it. Also, I feel this book would be very beneficial to medical students and anyone curious to know more about diabetes and other illness that comes with it.

Unmasking Type 2 Diabetes, Kidney Disease, and Heart Disease
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ruthwriter »

It is good to know a book about this deadly disease.i think this is wonderful. thank for the review
damis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by damis »

Oh! As a doctor myself, this book is naturally appealing. Hopefully I'll be able to check it out soon. Thanks for the review.
Sogzy d_Optimist
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sogzy-d-optimist.html
Latest Review: Living Forward After Loss by Kathleen Ho

Post by Sogzy d_Optimist »

I hope I find time to pick this up to read. It's nice seeing a book(not a textbook) on diseases.
Chris _02
Bookshelf Size: 0
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Chris _02 »

Wow it cool to read this book , since diabetes is rated as part of the current diseases .
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: The Parrot's Perch by Karen Keilt

Post by Peace10 »

This book is an enlightening one. We will learn more about this particular disease.
julietmumbua23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julietmumbua23.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by julietmumbua23 »

In a world laden with lifestyle diseases, this book is invaluable. Great review.
OTrain M
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-m.html
Latest Review: Operation Olive Tree by Jemil Metti
2022 Reading Goal: 70
2022 Goal Completion: 51%

Post by OTrain M »

This book seems to be educating about a serious illness that most people tend to overlook and I think that's because of the stigma that is still attached to it. Your review was amazing.
Richard Azubike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-azubike.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Richard Azubike »

The author must work on the book's editing, it has many errors in it. I don't like books with many errors in it

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”