Review of Women Behaving Courageously

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michaeljerry309
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: Women Behaving Courageously by Ann Andrews
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 52%

Review of Women Behaving Courageously

Post by Michaeljerry309 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Women Behaving Courageously" by Ann Andrews.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Women Behaving Courageously is an interesting book by Ann Andrews. Ann is a very energetic writer. She is bold, fearless, and charismatic. She has impressed me, and I believe many other readers will feel the same way after they read this book.

I’d like to describe Women Behaving Courageously as a book filled with several stories of heroes and warriors. These heroes and warriors are the amazing women who have stood up to the inequality and injustice that the greed of men has poisoned society with. Ann shares the story of various women who refused to stand by and watch men treat women unequally and destroy our planet in the name of profit. This book is a reminder of the strength of a woman.

I enjoyed Ann’s energy. She wrote straightforwardly, without adding unnecessary details. Ann is very passionate about most of the things she talks about. For example, when she talks about Trump, you can tell that she means what she’s saying with every atom of truth in her body. Ann also talked about some of her favorite women who have inspired her in one way or the other. I like how uplifting the stories of these women were. The women Ann talked about include Oprah Winfrey, Mitchell Obama, Dame Jane Goodall, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Christine Blasey Ford.

I was surprised when the author mentioned president Buhari’s comment about his wife because I wasn’t expecting to see anything about president Buhari in this book. The book is just under 200 pages, so it wasn’t difficult to read and finish it. Also, I think this book received exceptional editing. However, another round of editing would have prevented the error I spotted. I didn’t hate anything about this book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I genuinely enjoyed the book and the author’s energy from the first page to the last one. She spoke the truth throughout this book, and I believe more people need to hear this truth. I didn’t rate this book lower because there was nothing to penalize it for. I recommend this book to people over the age of 16 who enjoy advocating for equal women’s rights and love to give women the necessary support they deserve. Also, if you are a woman and you are trying to build your confidence, then this book is filled with stories of bold and great women who will inspire you to be more. If you are interested in politics or you’re an environmental activist, then you might also enjoy this book.

Women Behaving Courageously
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

It sounds like an a good collection of stories about strong women behaving courageously. Great and positive review!
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ruthwriter »

I don't like a book about women. but maybe this could be different.thanks for the review
damis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by damis »

OOf I would love to get my hands on this one. Thanks for the review!
Sogzy d_Optimist
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sogzy-d-optimist.html
Latest Review: Living Forward After Loss by Kathleen Ho

Post by Sogzy d_Optimist »

A good book to recommend to the females I know. I wonder what President Buhari's comment is.
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: The Parrot's Perch by Karen Keilt

Post by Peace10 »

I wonder if this book is written by a Nigerian. This sounds like an interesting read. Great review!
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Living in Color by Mike Murphy
fav_author_id: 3039
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 110%

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

For men it is important to know the struggles women face, because of sexism and descrimination. Fine review.
Richard Azubike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-azubike.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Richard Azubike »

I love when a woman is bold and I love how the author encourages women to be bold. Good review
Gift Mazibuko
Favorite Author: Victoria Christopher Murray
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven!
Bookshelf Size: 18
fav_author_id: 27573
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 15%

Post by Gift Mazibuko »

Great review and as a women I like everything about this book because its all about women empowerment and learning that your voice matters as a women especially in male-dominated areas, it's a very inspiring book and a must read.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”