Review of HOPE

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of HOPE

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "HOPE" by Edith Hedden.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Roughly two years ago, the world was hit hard by a pandemic that took away numerous lives of people. These individuals were spouses, sisters, brothers, fathers, mothers, and friends. Aside from that, life is different when you lose a loved one to diseases like cancer and diabetes. I have a pal who sank into alcoholism after losing his only parent. In HOPE, Edith Hedden shares a couple of stories from various people. Anguish and grief are two constant themes that prevail throughout the book. Above all, the predominant message is hope!

The author shares her story. Edith was married to a loving husband named Thomas. Sadly, a year later, he died. His demise was the second tragedy for Edith, following the loss of her sister to cancer. Years later, the author met a kind man named Tony, and the two were soon married. However, Tony was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. How did Edith manage?

The other stories are a mixture of reactions. Richie is Edith’s stepson, who experienced a challenging time coming out as a gay man. While growing up, his life was without any strong LGBT people to emulate. In another tale, we have Sifu, who always had a passion for martial arts from a young age. However, his parents wanted him to get a college degree. Sifu followed his heart, but the journey had its ups and downs, including an accident that had him relinquish his long-term goal. I encourage you to grab a copy of this piece and read more of Ron, Laura, Anna, and other true stories. Each narrator enriches their story with optimism.

I loved almost everything about the work. Firstly, there was no sugarcoating in any tale. Every narrator recounts their story without shame, despite being personal encounters. I cherished Linda’s story the most. Not to include spoilers, but I find it worth mentioning. Linda was the youngest among her five siblings. However, she has buried all of them and is now the only remaining child. I shed a tear reading this.

I disliked one thing. The author included medical slang that I did not grasp, which consisted of initials like DBS. That said, the book is professionally edited. I affirm this because I did not detect a single grammatical error.

I rate the publication 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to any reader who would love to devour a book about loss, agony, and hope.

HOPE
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

I think the most important thing I love about this book is the title (Hope) it mostly said that when there is hope, there is life. i will like to read it. thanks for the review.
Yinusa-Daniel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Yinusa-Daniel »

This is a very interesting story with a good story line,the medical term would not be a barrier to medical students but other fields
Buhlebenkosi Mathonsi
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Buhlebenkosi Mathonsi »

This book Hope is very touching book.
The book gives us hope as we are passing through similar situation of losing our loved ones to COVID 19..I will love to read this book❤️❤️❤️
Karren Mei Lirazan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Karren Mei Lirazan »

I love this book "Hope" it's talked about the life of the people in this pandemic, what they encounter and how hard to surpassed the covid 19. Hope is their for us to survived and continue and fight in this pandemic
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Love the title - Hope. Different stories about vivid people that share events and ups and downs of their life with a central theme of hope. I'd like to read this book. Thank you for a good review!
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Words of Wisdom: INSPIRING QUOTES for Everyone by Sharef Flounoy

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

I believe no situation ever prepares you to deal with grief like losing ones own. Sure, reading of other people's experiences might elicit empathy, but this is only short-lived. In the long run however, what matters is that one learns from these experiences how to deal with grief the right way.
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

I like the fact that although anguish and grief are themes in this book, hope ultimately triumphs. Great book!
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

DBS is an abreviation for deep brain surgery, a procedure by whitch electrical impulses are applied to the brain to control its abnormal functioning.
In my opinion, the author should define technical terms.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

As human beings, we must encourage others. There is always a chance in life and we must know that.
Sumto Nii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumto-nii.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Sumto Nii »

The author's story is what I would call a rain of tragedies. In would get this book to fins out how she was able to wiggle her way out of the grief these tragedies brought. Good review.
Odala J Phiri
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala-j-phiri.html
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Post by Odala J Phiri »

The pandemic made me realize that I am being preserved because God has a purpose in my life. Some lives that were lost I never imagined. Edith needs more prayers for her family.
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”