Review of Plans that Made God Laugh

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lucy V
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Writhing by Jean Brannon

Review of Plans that Made God Laugh

Post by Lucy V »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Plans that Made God Laugh" by CAPT Jim “Bluto” Allen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Plans That Made God Laugh is a book penned by Captain Jim ‘Bluto’ Allen. This book was divided into thirty-five chapters and written in three hundred and fifty pages. It was primarily centered on faith, aviation, and perseverance. It is an evidential story of the manifestation of God’s plan in our lives. This book can pass for a memoir as it tells the chronological story of the author.

Jim was born into a family deeply rooted in aviation, and it has always been his dream to fly airplanes. He obtained his bachelor's degree from the University of Kansas in the discipline of Aerospace Engineering. He climbed through the ladder of success through diligence, hard work, perseverance, and grace from God. This book is a clear indication that our plans may not always go as we want them, our creator draws the plan, and we are bound by it.

His story in aviation is worth emulating, and this is the first positive thing I found in the book. Even though things did not go as he planned many times, it fueled his desire to keep sending out job applications, and with the good people in his circle, he was able to network, and that landed him good job roles. His story proves that you can never have it all. He was a proud father to Jay and Megan. This book gave a very detailed insight into all the hurdles he encountered and how he was able to conquer them all.

One major aspect of the book that I liked was the author’s sincerity in telling his story without mincing words. He highlighted every step through his journey and gave credit to his friends, who helped him when he was in dire need of a job. His story was relatable, and his reliance on God was very inspiring. He was not a perfect Christian, but he believed in God. It passed a strong message that whatever life throws at you, you should always remember that God has a plan. The use of plain English made it very easy to read and understand. It was professionally edited, which is very commendable.

I enjoyed every part of the book, and there was no room for complaints of any nature. It was a well-written memoir.

I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. My reason is that the message was conveyed clearly, and all the information contained therein was very apt and correct. It is an original work and PG-rated.

This book is free from any factor that will hinder a person from any age bracket from reading. However, I will specifically recommend it to persons who have or intend to have a career in the aviation sector.

Plans that Made God Laugh
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

Faith in God indeed terminates all setbacks. the author's belief is an epitome for others to emulate. I enjoy this book and like to know more. thanks for the review .
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

A book that emphasises faith and perseverance is a must-read. Thanks for the review.
Mary Ndirangu 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-ndirangu-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah
2022 Reading Goal: 30
2022 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by Mary Ndirangu 1 »

God is the author of our lives. I would really love to read this book and know more about the author's story and his perspective on life. Good review.
Penny Johnson 1
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-johnson-1.html
Latest Review: Lilly Of The Mountains by D. L. Yoder
2022 Reading Goal: 25
2022 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Penny Johnson 1 »

When I first read the title my first thought was a book of funny jesters. But, as I read your review I can see it’s more serious. I do not know anything about aviation so I will pass on this book. Great Review!
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Living in Color by Mike Murphy
fav_author_id: 3039
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 110%

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

Almost all male readers are interested in planes and flying, just as me. I liked the fact that the author was ready to adjust his plans to the will of God.
Good review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”