Review of I’M GOD’S BEST for my assignment

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Review of I’M GOD’S BEST for my assignment

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I’M GOD’S BEST for my assignment" by Pastor Florence Adhiambo.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sometimes, God calls us for a purpose, and our insecurity makes us think that we are not good enough. Sometimes, it is other people who attempt to bring us down and downplay our anointing. But this should not be the case. God called us, and He does not make mistakes. This means that we are qualified for whatever assignment He calls us. In I’M GOD’S BEST for My Assignment, Pastor Florence Adhiambo gives examples using different Bible personalities, particularly Jeremiah, Judah, Joseph, Moses, and David.

Jeremiah is an example of someone who tried to resist his calling by saying he was too young. David, on the other hand, rose to the occasion but was constantly deterred by both his family and Saul. But on every occasion, God’s Word prevailed. These examples, according to Adhiambo, show that God has the best intentions for us and will only call us to do what He knows we are the best for, regardless of what other people think. If you want to gain understanding and confidence that you are God’s best for your calling in this world, you should read this book.

I loved the conviction with which the author wrote. Her voice was distinct and made an impression on me. Oftentimes, it felt like she was right in front of me and was praying for me. Her personal stories made my reading experience more immersive. For example, the author mentioned that she became an orphan at a young age. But she did not include this to gain sympathy. Instead, each personal story taught an important lesson. She made it clear that the way we would not want anyone to deter our anointing is the same way we must not restrict anyone under our care. Instead, we must uplift everyone around us because God can use just about anyone to do His work. She gave strong examples of Saul and other Bible characters that made her lessons more interesting to read.

This book also contains a lot of Bible verses, which I appreciated because readers can check what the Bible originally says and make their own thoughts about her lessons instead of taking it all at face value. It also helped that the author’s writing was straightforward to understand. While this book is one that you must dwell on and take time to absorb, the author’s words are clear and do not require excessive effort to understand. Her anointing is obvious, and there is immense power behind her words.

However, Adhiambo’s words tended to drone on because she often repeated a lot of things that she had previously explained. She did warn that this book should not be read as a novel, but the repetition became excessive, in my opinion. For example, on one page, she repeated, verbatim, the praise to God that she used in the preface. It also did not help that this book did not receive professional editing. Asides from the grammatical errors, I found several formatting and spacing issues that severely affected my reading experience. A lot of things the author mentioned were profound and resonated with me, but I must rate the book 2 out of 4. A rating of 2.5 is more accurate, but since the rating must be a round number, I have settled on the rating I gave it.

I’M GOD’S BEST for my assignment
View: on Bookshelves
Oluwasogo Familusi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwasogo-familusi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Oluwasogo Familusi »

Thanks for the honest review. I was attracted by the title but seeing that there are some repetitions and errors that might interfere with my reading of the book, I'll just let this pass.
Oluwanifesimi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwanifesimi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oluwanifesimi »

I love to read biblical stories like this, I guessed this book will be impactful.
Ogechi Orlumeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-orlumeni.html

Post by Ogechi Orlumeni »

It’s good that the book was a wonderful read for you and resonated with you. For me, I won’t say it’s something that would be easy for me to read as I am not the most religious person.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

These kind of books are my favorites because they contain lots of lessons. Thank you for the honest review.
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

Understanding the ways of God is really a mystery. Knowing our calling and accepting it is essential. I appreciate Pasto Adhiambo effort to help us understand God's ways. Thanks for the review.
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

Understanding God's purpose for man and having the courage to prosecute it is the main victory for me The biblical example share by the writer is very beneficial. I love this book and I will love to read it to know more about God's plan for us.
Gift Mazibuko
Favorite Author: Victoria Christopher Murray
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven!
Bookshelf Size: 18
fav_author_id: 27573

Post by Gift Mazibuko »

Awesome review but the title of the book says it all for me because reading Gods best will build your confident about your calling.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

This makes me think of a saying I heard once "God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called" Unknown. This is a book that I truly would want to read. People tend to think they are not good enough for what God expects of them. I think this book would do good for a couple of people.
Oluwasogo Familusi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwasogo-familusi.html

Post by Oluwasogo Familusi »

I think this is a book I can really learn from. I believe God has His reasons for giving everyone their individual assignments, so I'm God's Best for the assignment He has given me. Thanks for the review.
Amberly Ayra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amberly-ayra.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Amberly Ayra »

I like books that convey good values. But I don't like books that are repetitive, I feel like they just want to fill pages. Also I don't like formatting errors, at school I couldn't have such errors and since then I haven't been able to see them in other people.
The description of the book sounded very good at first. But I definitely prefer an honest review. That is something I value very much.
Regards.
Rex Rexy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rex-rexy.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rex Rexy »

The, scripture, before I formed you in the womb comes to mind as I was reading this review. Before God calls a man for a particular assignment, he has equipped him adequately for the task ahead. Great review
Sumto Nii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumto-nii.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Sumto Nii »

There is a God ordained purpose for every man. And every man is equipped with the tools to fulfil this purpose. This is a good Christian book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”