Review of Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Siphesihle Prince
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siphesihle-prince.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

Post by Siphesihle Prince »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Join Jeff Meyer as he invites you on a soulful and enlightening journey through his book, Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools to Spark Your Dream and Ignite Your Follow-Through, which is jam-packed with the brain nutrition and resources one needs for a sort of cerebral pick-me-up.

In this two-part book, Jeff Meyer has paved the road for many people to use their unique God-given abilities to make a difference in this rapidly evolving world, with the first half focusing on unmasking the nature of one's dream and the second part focusing on making that dream tangible. The book is full of life advice, productivity strategies, and inspirational passages, all based on the Bible and demonstrating God's thoughtfulness in caring for his creation.

This is a book that is ultimately being advertised as being more productive. The writing style is crisp and stabs right to the point. While the content is Christian and thus the language is tame, the author is unapologetic when it comes to scrutinizing your behaviour and guiding your reflection on the baggage you carry, both in thought and actions, that weighs you down from your peak efficiency. I appreciate the uncensored criticism he delivers, especially since it's more thought-provoking than offensive.

On the negative side, the book has a tendency to go on a religious tangent, which sometimes breaks out of the context being discussed. I understand that Christianity and Christian values are at the core of the book, and while the departures off topic are endearing and thoughtful extracts that uplift you, it's more important to not stray too far off the subject matter. While the book itself could argue this is not counterproductive, I learned a healthy equal amount about Christ as compared to actual resources and applications to be more efficient and productive.

Ultimately, I'm happy with how a large theme of the book is rediscovering yourself. The tools to your success aren't found in emulating others (besides, of course, Christ), but by soul searching and pulling out the positive, constructive traits that God placed uniquely within each one of us. That is a powerful concept! The editing is also exceptional, with not a single noticeable error being present. It is these factors that compel me to rate this book a perfect 4 out of 4 stars.

This book will be a welcome tonic for those who want to spruce up their productivity to a whole new level. Those looking for a pick-me-up of motivation with a dose of Christian values to go with it are also more than recommended to try this great book.

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

Though I think I would find the religious content overwhelming, the fact that introspection seems to be at the core of this book is appreciated. This sounds like a terrific read. I enjoyed reading your review.
Mbali Qalinge
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: He
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbali-qalinge.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Mbali Qalinge »

I agree that the author's criticism was thought-provoking, especially regarding how we live our lives and our habits. I also found myself learning more about Christ and the Bible. Your review is honest and great.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”