Review of 105 Steps

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of 105 Steps

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "105 Steps" by Stephen Trigwell.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

105 Steps is a genuinely inspirational story filled with dramatic and emotional events. Stephen Trigwell shares a life-changing event in his diary — an episode that one can only overcome by hope and love. This book exemplifies the quote: "where there is life, there is hope." The author writes down transformative or dramatic episodes encountered in a few weeks, sitting beside his wife Glen in the ICU as she battles a brain aneurysm. He reminisces on his youthful life, experiences, and time with his family, especially with Glen. He connects these memories to the point where circumstances hit a climax. With so many emotions pouring from each page, readers are welcome to go with the author on his journey through the issues of life.

This book captures an incredible journey embarked by the author; positiveness is echoed throughout the book. It is a reminder that love, endurance, and hope are essential virtues to display during challenging times. The author shows a sense of confidence and optimism in his book and does an excellent job of inspiring similar feelings in me as a reader, making this book a pleasure and motivationally refreshing to read. The author's words are soaked in various emotions, which increases the book's emotional intensity.

The writer did an exceptional job on his word delivery, correctly dishing out the proper grammar to give the words a clear representation of the intended message. Sentence fluency was straightforward and understandable, although I had to look up the meaning of a few words because of the vast array of vocabularies in the book. An example of such a word is "cantina." Such words resulted from numerous places visited by the author. The writer drifted a bit to more use of some technical words in medicine at the early stages of this book but changed all that as the journey progressed. Also, the writer's story was captivating enough to be written down and dramatic enough to make the reader emotionally invested in it.

Stephen Trigwell's storytelling skills should be praised, as he skillfully aligned the timelines of his memories to the present. Also, the detailed and specific time of most events was written out, giving the book an alluring appeal and making the book easy to read and comprehend. The book's theme was focused and centralized. The writer's early backpacker adventures were significant, exciting, and made up for the total lack of humor in the book. Lastly, I found this book to be generally descriptive. The settings, situations, and things were significantly and thoroughly described.

I loved everything about 105 Steps. However, the editing spoiled what should have been a perfect book. The nature and number of errors I found showed me that the book wasn't professionally edited. Therefore, I'd rate it 3 out of 4 stars. I would strongly recommend it to adult readers searching for hope or any form of positivity in their lives. 105 Steps could serve as an inspirational guide to those battling severe health-related issues.

105 Steps
View: on Bookshelves
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

I used to like memoirs. And this would also serve me right, I think
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

Memoirs thrill me a lot. I always find written such books enjoyable. I should add this one to my to read list. Congratulations on a perfectly written review
Shernell20
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shernell20 »

I must say such a wonderful ,heart racing, nerve edging book.I read what it is about and thought to myself I must read more! cause its surprisingly romantic and addictive.
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

For those who like to know, Aneurysm consists in swollen walls of a vein or artery. It is caused by weakened blood vessels through high blood pressure over many years, also by atherosclerosis or even infections or deep wounds.
Cocobutta
Currently Reading: Hidden Current
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cocobutta.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cocobutta »

With your review, I am beginning to rethink my aversions to memoirs. The author's experiences with his wife Glen and the optimism with which he faces challenges are inspiring. Great review
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

"Where there is life there is hope," is a powerful quote and I think this book seems to be replete with such quotes. I think Trigwell's book is pretty inspiring.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

This book will help in improving our emotion to think better and positive so I would read it soon.
Jen Nghishitende
Currently Reading: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jen-nghishitende.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Jen Nghishitende »

I am already so emotionally invested in this book just reading this review and I will definitely read it. Thanks for the review!
Austin Debby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-austin-debby.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Austin Debby »

A book that emphasizes on love and happiness is worth the while. Your review was insightful. Kudos.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”