Review of The 90 Day Peace Project

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Review of The 90 Day Peace Project

Post by Ellylion »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The 90 Day Peace Project" by Alice Langholt, Ph.D..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The 90 Day Peace Project by Alice Langholt, Ph.D., is a program with a philosophical background intended for overcoming anxiety and stress. These ninety lessons would help us face the challenges of everyday life while staying calm and grounded. Also, the book teaches us to develop better versions of ourselves, live in the present moment without worrying about any possible future dangers, relax whenever needed, and look at our past mistakes as lessons, among other recommendations important for improving our well-being and self-esteem. Every lesson includes a prompt page to write down our thoughts and observations.

I like that the book is philosophical and practical at the same time. It offers easy yet efficient steps that everyone can accomplish. I like that the book urges us to say no to control. For example, the author suggests the concept of the "Amazon Universe." She explains that we do not worry about how Amazon prepares and delivers our orders. The same happens with our intentions that we manifest to the Universe. The suggestion of imagining and then creating "the best version of us" is also very appealing to me. We can obtain any feature we need to be stronger or better with our creative imagination and willpower, and the sky is the limit. I found important the author's recommendations to look at our mistakes as valuable lessons and at any obstacle as “a step along the way.” These simple truths would make our way toward personal growth and inner peace easier. Also, the book points out the troubling fact that our striving for something better has a risk of becoming an everlasting and stressful hunt for perfection while we could be enjoying the opportunities of the present moment.

I disliked that some lessons could be seen as a bit edgy. For instance, the author gives advice not to observe events as "good or bad, and just let them be what they are – events that happened." I would argue that it looks like indifference and not wisdom. I can consider the philosophy behind this statement, but I think that it demands some advanced level of consciousness to distinguish one from another.

I spotted some errors or typos, like confused words. Nevertheless, the editorial work was impressive overall, and I assumed that the book was professionally edited. So I am very glad to award it 4 out of 4 stars. I cannot give it a three-star rating because I believe that the book has the potential to become very helpful for readers working to refine their life conditions and achieve more spiritual progress.

I recommend this book to fans of self-help books. Those struggling with anxiety, stress, or just feeling of insecurity would enjoy this amazing book. I would even suggest the book to the students of philosophy and psychology, for it would help them widen their perspective regarding the functioning of our nervous system and its responses to stressful situations. Readers investing in self-improvement and seeking inner growth would find the book useful.

The 90 Day Peace Project
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

The covid-19 era has brought forth a plethora of mental issues. This book seems insightful and helpful as it addresses some of the issues. Thank you for a beautifully written review!
Ellylion
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellylion »

Seroney_ wrote: 24 May 2022, 00:59 The covid-19 era has brought forth a plethora of mental issues. This book seems insightful and helpful as it addresses some of the issues. Thank you for a beautifully written review!
Thank you so much! It's really helpful and gives food for thought :)
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the book is both philosophical and practical. Thanks for pointing that out.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

I love reading philosophical books because I enjoy them, I find this book interesting, I must read it. Great review.
Soraya Bayah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thuriya-albayaa.html
Latest Review: The Lockdown Collection by Barry Jacob

Post by Soraya Bayah »

It sure sounds like something great for the soul. The page for writing down observations is a great way to force the reader to engage and actually use the techniques provided. I indeed need something like this book currently, as I tend to stress over a multitude of issues. Thank you for the intriguing and honest review! I enjoyed reading it.
Judy_Akha
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-akha.html
Latest Review: The Dragon Who Would Be King by Anne Peters

Post by Judy_Akha »

I have read so many self-help books, and I would love to read more. Thanks for your nice review.
Ellylion
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellylion »

Dera Okeke wrote: 24 May 2022, 10:54 I love reading philosophical books because I enjoy them, I find this book interesting, I must read it. Great review.
Thank you very much for your comments! :)
Ellylion
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellylion »

thuriya albayaa wrote: 24 May 2022, 10:57 It sure sounds like something great for the soul. The page for writing down observations is a great way to force the reader to engage and actually use the techniques provided. I indeed need something like this book currently, as I tend to stress over a multitude of issues. Thank you for the intriguing and honest review! I enjoyed reading it.
The book is very helpful and positive :) Thank you very much for your comments!
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

This is a book that is worth reading. One can get insights into what this book entails just by reading this review. Well done on a well written review.
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

This book sounds like a good read for mental health and peace. This makes it worth reading. I enjoyed reading your review and it enabled me get interest in reading the book.
Poetic Justice
Ellylion
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellylion »

Blessing E wrote: 24 May 2022, 20:26 This is a book that is worth reading. One can get insights into what this book entails just by reading this review. Well done on a well written review.
Thank you very much for your comments! :)
Ellylion
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellylion »

Sarah1738 wrote: 25 May 2022, 02:36 This book sounds like a good read for mental health and peace. This makes it worth reading. I enjoyed reading your review and it enabled me get interest in reading the book.
Thank you very much for your kind words! :)
sayoniwrites
Currently Reading: The Scarlet Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sayoniwrites.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by sayoniwrites »

Based on your review this book seems to be more philosophical than practical. However, since you said
Those struggling with anxiety, stress, or just feeling of insecurity would enjoy this amazing book.
I will give this book a try. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Ellylion
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellylion »

sayoniwrites wrote: 26 May 2022, 02:23 Based on your review this book seems to be more philosophical than practical. However, since you said
Those struggling with anxiety, stress, or just feeling of insecurity would enjoy this amazing book.
I will give this book a try. Thanks for the wonderful review.
By the way, no, it's very practical :) 90 chapters are 90 easy exercises.
Thank you very much for your comments!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”