Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
seyi Aralepo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seyi-aralepo.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by seyi Aralepo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa, Tina Dreffin chronicled her expedition into the South Pacific. Tina’s dream, born out of a determination to travel around the globe, became a reality when she met Peter. Having experienced several forms of sexual assault while growing up, Tina never really understood what true love meant until Peter came into her life. After getting married to Peter, Tina began to understand the true meaning of love. With Peter’s undying love for Tina, she soon forgot about her horrible past. Tina reflected on the experience she had earlier in her marriage while sailing through the Panama Canal to the South Pacific. Tina had unknowingly overdosed on chloroquine, which she mistook for acetaminophen. This mistake had caused her unborn child to die in her womb. Tina almost lost her life and was grateful to God for coming out of the trauma victorious. Since this harrowing ordeal, Tina has vowed to guard and protect her family. When it was time to begin the South Pacific Expedition, Tina’s most disturbing thought was how to keep her sons and their friends safe throughout their journey across the ocean. Will her sons and their friends be able to cope with life on the sea? Find out from this book.

Bluewater Walkabout is a heartwarming and inspirational story about a family who decided to live their entire life at sea while homeschooling their children. This book records their experiences as they journey along the coast of West Africa and across the Atlantic Ocean. Faced with many months of fear and uncertainty, their bond of love and understanding kept them together throughout their trying times at sea. I appreciated the author's courage in writing this book, as she was able to share many of her experiences, which she had kept bottled up throughout her life. I also admired the author's perseverance in not giving up, even when she was discouraged. In addition, I loved the beautiful and imaginative way in which the author described nature and all the animals she encountered in the wild. Also, the magnificent ways in which her family and crew members solved their problems each time were encouraging to me. Indeed, home is where you make it.

There is absolutely nothing I disliked about this book. It is a well-written book that completely captures the intentions of the author. The author had many challenges with family and friends going against her decision to live at sea. This cynicism never discouraged her and her husband. I believe this is a great lesson for everyone to never give up on their dream, regardless of the setbacks.

This book deserves 4 out of 4 stars. I find it hard to remove a star because the book was professionally edited, and the story was educational. The book also offers many inspirational lessons that could help one move beyond all obstacles.

Overall, I would recommend this book to lovers of adventure. Also, for those who love wildlife and would love to know what living at sea is all about, this book will be interesting for them to read.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”