Review of Childhood memories at twilight

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Review of Childhood memories at twilight

Post by Adaeze Joan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Childhood memories at twilight" by Likengkeng Sargeaunt.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Childhood Memories at Twilight by Likengkeng Sargeaunt is a memoir where the author shares her life story from her childhood days to the present moment. Likengkeng was born in the year 1955 in the Republic of South Africa. She and her twin brother had lived with their grandparents in Lesotho. When they turned eleven, they had to go live with their parents and siblings.

The book began with the author telling us about her childhood. She recounts, especially, the times her mother treated her differently for no apparent reason. That motivated her to work hard to achieve her goals. This book contains interesting adventures the author went on and some of the challenges she faced. This book explored themes of racism, love, envy, family, adventure, and a lot more.

I must say, the author is a good storyteller. She managed to take readers on a wonderful journey through her life. I loved the fact that she didn’t make this book lengthy with unnecessary details. The writing was casual, lively, and straightforward. It was almost as if the author was talking to the reader over a cup of coffee. This book was written in a well-organized format, which made it easy to read. Though it was not stated; I feel the book was divided into two, one was a recount of the author’s life from childhood, and the other was her 2010 summer cruise log to Scandinavia, when she and her husband went sailing on their yacht.

The author should be commended for wonderfully documenting the events of her travel. She gave explicit details of the adventures she and her husband, David, went on, including the dates and time. She made sure to list and describe the places they sailed to accordingly, and she mentioned significant things about them. She added maps that showed the points of their voyage. I commend the author for adding a lot of clear pictures that made reading this book more exciting. Honestly, there was nothing I disliked about this book. Though I noticed a few errors, they were not enough to deter my overall enjoyment of the book. This book seems professionally well-edited, so I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

This book is an honest reflection of the author’s life experiences. It is quite enjoyable, and readers will learn a lot from it. Therefore, I recommend it to adults who enjoy reading memoirs, especially the ones full of adventures. This book contained no profane language and sexual content, so I believe it will be a comfortable read.

Childhood memories at twilight
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
nwankwo chibuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-chibuchi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by nwankwo chibuchi »

I'm particularly enthralled by the author's childhood. I believe this story will have a lot of positive lessons to inculcate in the reader. I'd recommend it to all lovers of memoirs.
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

Superbly written review that explored the core concepts of the novel. I know know whether to read this book or not. Well done on a good review
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

The South African setting includes the apartheid years, which show a problem that's still far too common around the world. It includes a lot more, which makes it interesting under various points of view. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

Wow! I think I will sure enjoy this book because it is set here at home. I can't wait to dig in and find out what Likengkeng has to say about her own life. I am interested to learn about her upbringing and the travels with her husband.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

I’m drawn in by the author’s childhood and adventures. This is for people who reads memoirs.
Ibunyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibunyi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Ibunyi »

For somebody who has almost no memory of their childhood, this book would help me recollect them slowly. Nice review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”