Review of Super-Aging Secrets

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Zee_Zee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zee-zee.html
Latest Review: A Shooters Moon by DJPower

Review of Super-Aging Secrets

Post by Zee_Zee »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Super-Aging Secrets" by Angelo V Moca.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The riddle, "what runs, and runs, and runs, and never stops?" to which 'a clock' would be the answer, ideally introduced Angelo V Moca's Super-Aging Secrets. The book's premise was a recognition of the fact that time would eventually catch up with all. However, the author revealed certain secrets to help combat the effects of aging. The author believed that getting older should not limit one's functionality or alter an individual's usual lifestyle. Contrary to cosmetic strategies out there for staying youthful, Angelo presented tips that, when adopted, would aid the aging population to get older gracefully and maintain an even more fulfilled life. The book showed how chronic diseases like hypertension, diabetes, and cancer could be controlled to ensure that senior people wouldn't become senile dependents.

This book was informative and proved to be a helpful tool for all. The 'secrets' the author revealed could be described as 'life-saving,' as they directly reflected on ways that older people could live better and more fulfilling lives despite getting older. One of the most satisfying aspects of this book was the part the author dedicated to clearing myths that surround the aging process. From miracle aging cures to the belief that dementia formed an inevitable part of aging for everyone, Angelo exposed these falsehoods and more and even presented facts that were indeed true about aging. This book provided much-needed knowledge to enable people to make the right choices.

Super-Aging Secrets was a significant piece because it showed readers that getting older should not be seen as a disease. The author identified that most persons prefer to die at a younger age than to get older and experience the supposed incapacitations that occur with aging. Super-Aging Secrets showed that this should not be the case. The book provided ways for the aging population to maintain an active functional lifestyle despite getting older. This would rekindle hope for all that aging need not be treated as a death sentence. In fact, with the strategies in this book, getting older may no longer seem like such a troubling fate.

The author approached this book with personal opinions, which on their own would have been convincing enough considering the author's experience and career path. Beyond that, he also backed up his assertions with facts and data. The entire book was riddled with study data that supported the author's analysis. Using research conclusions from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), American Cancer Society, and other independent researchers, Angelo showed that his analyses were not only personal opinions but were also supported by studies.

I'd recommend this book to both younger and older readers, especially readers that are forty years old and above. There was nothing to dislike, and the editing was exceptionally done. Therefore, I’d rate Super-Aging Secrets four out of four stars.

Super-Aging Secrets
View: on Bookshelves
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

I liked that the author supported his opinions with research studies. This gives credibility to what he presents in the book. I think this book would be great for those who believe that being old is a synonym for suffering from many health conditions. Great review.
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: How I Found Buddha On The Trading Floor
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Free Fish Friday by Lee Stone
2022 Reading Goal: 30
2022 Goal Completion: 73%

Post by Patty Allread »

Good review! I wonder if this author addresses the western diet and how health deteriorates over years of eating over-processed foods and meat and dairy-laden foods?
Leandre Nyathi
Currently Reading: The Intense Reality of Eternity
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leandre-nyathi.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Leandre Nyathi »

It sound like the book has some great tips on how to age gracefully. This does not necessarily appeal to me, but I commend the author for writing this to help so many who have a negative mind towards aging. I really enjoyed reading your review!
Praise Chizurumoke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-chizurumoke.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Praise Chizurumoke »

Amazing review! The book is so informative and value-packed. I'll love to read the book.
Asja Sabani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asja-sabani.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 12%

Post by Asja Sabani »

Aging in our society is often perceived as the ultimate defeat. I am glad there is a book that challenges this toxic belief and encourages people to look at aging from a different perspective. I like that the author includes practical tips and supports his views with a plethora of studies.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”