Review of Grief

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace NK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-nk.html
Latest Review: Harvesting Evil by CJ Wheeler

Review of Grief

Post by Peace NK »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Grief" by Ron Skinner and Jeff Kirk.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Grief: It’s NOT Supposed To Be OK! by Ron Skinner & Jeff Kirk is a product of many tears and experiences of the authors and their desires to comfort others going through similar experiences. Grief has always been a present factor in the human experience. With nearly 15 million deaths during the COVID-19, an escalation in the suicide rate, unforeseen accidents, and terminal diseases, it is evident that grief has become an unwanted companion of many—an uninvited companion in the journey of life. With the realization of this reality, it is essential to know how to stand in the face of these circumstances. Questions on how to grieve, the stages of grief, how to comfort a bereaved person, and lots more have all been answered in one way or the other. These are the primary emphases and the summary of this book.

Ron Skinner and Jeff Kirk have witnessed significant losses in their lives, and they both have a collective experience of over 80 years. This alone proves that although grief can be under different circumstances or unique, there would always be a common umbrella to classify it. This book seeks to quench many catastrophes caused by ignorance about handling grief.

One aspect of the book which I appreciated most was the comfort that the authors seemed to provide in ascertaining that although the occurrence of grief might not be prevented, it could indeed be managed. The unfortunate reality is that grief will cross paths with man at one point or the other.

In recent times, so many well-meaning principles have been formulated to help a bereaved person overcome grief. So, I believe that the authors did not write this book to override any persons or institutions' principles but instead found a way to implement all these to benefit all readers. This was clearly stated in “The Authors Commitment to You."

I don't consider any aspect of this book negative. Although no one can do justice to a subject matter, the authors did well to emphasize the core aspects of consideration. So, I rate this book four out of four stars.

I recommend this book to anyone who has lost a loved one. It will also serve as a good pill for depression. In the case of recommending this book to a loved one, I advise that you read it first to discern if this is really what they need. In most cases, medical attention could be what's needed.

Grief
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Asiedu Kwadwo Gilbert
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Asiedu Kwadwo Gilbert »

In view of the review, I believe Grief is something one must take a big and clear understanding on, either one needs to wake up and take on the situation at hand and move on. Sometimes grief helps let out all that is at heart. I recommend this book to who ever is grieving. Tomorrow is another day.
Ezidimma 01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Ezidimma 01 »

I love how the authors comfort eachother thou going through similar experiences. This book seeks to quench many catastrophes caused by ignorance about handling grief. Great review
peter-turo
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading: Murder in the Garbage
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-turo.html
Latest Review: Deviancy by Rose Linderman, Psy.D.
2022 Reading Goal: 24
2022 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by peter-turo »

I must commend the author for writing about this fundamental message on grief. This can make a good pain-relieve therapy. The authors' life experiences can as well relate to potential readers. Thank you for a wonderful review.
GNerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnerd.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by GNerd »

My Aunt is in grief and I think I'll have to recommend this book to her to help her heal. Thanks for your review.
Leandre Nyathi
Currently Reading: The Intense Reality of Eternity
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leandre-nyathi.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Leandre Nyathi »

This is a great review. Although, I must admit, that the book does not appeal to me personally, I believe there are people who can benefit from a book that teaches on how to deal with grief.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”