Review of Walking the Parables of Jesus

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rhodahams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhodahams.html
Latest Review: Prisoner Prodigal Pawn by Robert Sparkman
2022 Reading Goal: 80
2022 Goal Completion: 35%

Review of Walking the Parables of Jesus

Post by Rhodahams »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Walking the Parables of Jesus" by Deacon Bob Evans.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Deacon Bob Evans' Walking the Parables of Jesus is a book that centers on the life of Jesus, his journey in preaching God's word, all the things he went through, and sacrifices he made, and his achievements.

It also talked about the history of cities or places that existed in the past. It tells stories that happened before the birth of Jesus, like Absalom, that killed his brother, Amnon. The book also talked about many parables that were told in the Bible. The Ancient Middle Eastern way of storytelling is different from the Western. In the Ancient Middle Eastern storytelling, historical details are omitted if they did not relate to the lesson or may be altered to support the lesson, but on the Western side, it emphasized that evangelists were not teaching history but were teaching faith and encouragement lessons using stories from the life and ministry of Jesus.

I enjoyed this book a lot. With respect to that, I found a lot of positive aspects in this book. The book is beautifully written, educative, and enlightens readers about past events and the likely dates they may have occurred. It cleared doubts and disparities that I had about the parables and stories told in the Bible. A precise history of places is given with beautiful images to enlighten us on what the author is trying to say. I liked that the author made an effort to distinguish and bring out what made some books of the Bible different from the other books, like the books of Matthew, Luke, and Mark, and what brought about these differences.

I tried so hard to look for something to dislike in this book, but there wasn't any. I couldn't find any errors, typos, or misspelled words, which is remarkable. It was exceptionally well edited and professionally written. So, I will be rating this book the 4 out of 4 it truly deserves. I could not remove a star from my rating because this book had barely anything to convince me to. I gave it a perfect rating because of the reasons I have mentioned above.

I think religious persons will be best suited for this book. I recommend this book to persons of spiritual background and to people grounded in knowledge of Christianity. I also recommend this book to researchers because it contains vast historical information. So, it can serve as a guide, source, or reference.

Walking the Parables of Jesus
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Edit_or »

Though I'm not religious, I still believe it's a book I'll love to read. A good review this is!
Akinola John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinola-john.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Akinola John »

I love how the book is beautifully written with a lot of Bible references. Great review.
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

I love how the book the gave beautiful images to enlighten and make the reader understand.
And the how it distinguishes the different books of the bible. Great review
GNerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnerd.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 22%

Post by GNerd »

I'm sure people who wants to get their walk with God right will enjoy this book. Well done.
derick scribbles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-derick-scribbles.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by derick scribbles »

Given that I come from a Christian background, this seems like a book that I would add to my bookshelf. Thank you for the recommendation.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”