Review of The Maestro Monologue

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rebecca Flores
Currently Reading: Nightlord: Sunset
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-flores.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rebecca Flores »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book, The Maestro Monologue: Discover Your Genius, Defeat your Intruder, Design Your Destiny, is a wonderful text that was written by Rob White. In his text, he shares with us how to understand ourselves better to achieve a greater destiny. This book is divided into three sections with chapters that help the reader to be guided through each step of the process of self-discovery and apply this discovery to the life of the reader. The first chapter focuses on a study of ourselves. Asking each reader to take a step back and examine where our ideas, beliefs, and expectations came from. . The third chapter explains the importance of positive talk when we are talking about ourselves. We will reflect on what we say about ourselves. Then in the sixth chapter, we find the concept of believing we are “marvelously made.” The critical addendum explains a lot of what the author wants the reader to focus on. The “I am” statements are critical to the process of understanding who you are and can be built upon to customize to the individual.

The second part of the book focuses on the intruder as the author talks about those things that creep into our existence and tell us we are unable or unworthy. In chapter twelve the author dives into the concept of things we always believed the answer was no. The reader should evaluate those no’s and determine if it has led to woe. Then we are explained how to use self-talk to correct our way of thinking about these issues. This section includes several examples of personal stories which allow the reader to see these concepts in real life.

The third part of this book covers what we do not. How do we become the Maestro of our lives? In chapter nineteen, we are introduced to the rebel, the recognizer, and the revealer. All three are a part of who we are as we walk through life. This book will help you recognize or use them as you need them during your life. The author ends the book with a seven-day dare asking us to attempt to implement these new learnings into our own lives.

I truly enjoyed the use of vocabulary throughout this book. The author was able to build on concepts using many different words that have a common meaning. His use of alliteration to stress his point is a very artful way of approaching this subject. The editing was very professional and I did not find errors that impeded my ability to read and understand the text. The book was well organized using subheadings and divided into convenient sections and chapters.

As with any self-help book, you might not agree with everything that is presented by the author. Some of the topics are repeated several times within the book. However, it shows the importance of these topics and allows the reader to focus on the areas of change the author wants to see. I did not find anything major that was disappointing about this book. Therefore, I would rate this book a four out of four stars.

I see this book being very helpful for anyone. Especially for those that suffer from depression, anxiety, or low self-esteem. This book would make a great book for a book club and would introduce a lot of topics that affect everyone today. The end of the book has a Maestro Monologue that would be a great worksheet that would have a summary of your learning and a guide to how you should change your thinking after this book has been completed. This has made a wonderful addition to my library, and I hope you will obtain it for yours!

The Maestro Monologue
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”