Review of Not for all the tea in China

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 418
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: The Jesus Diary by Dave Mishur

Review of Not for all the tea in China

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Not for all the tea in China" by Chris Burrows.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life is a journey that unravels the complexities and exciting facets of man. It is an experience that is full of ups and downs. This 182-page book, Not For All The Tea In China by Chris Burrows, is a record of the author’s self-employment experience.

The book is divided into forty-three chapters, focusing on different expeditions the author encountered in several parts of the world. Chris Burrows sheds light on what he faced while traveling across the globe for business purposes. He gave several accounts of his traveling experiences, including his challenges. Some occurrences taught the author valuable lessons, which he shared with the readers. Chris provides information about the friends he made during his adventure and their impact on his life. Some of his memories were worth mentioning. The reader is exposed to the joy and trials accompanied his journey. The book also satisfies the reader's curiosity concerning the perks of running a business and being acquainted with individuals from different backgrounds and cultures. What does it take to survive in a new environment? What lessons can be learned from his adventures, and how can they be implemented? Read this book to find out.

In some cases, a particular event is resumed in another chapter. The book contains lessons that are of immense value to the reader. For instance, the author was in France and had to hold conversations in French, which made it easier for his friends but difficult for himself. He was willing to put himself in an uncomfortable situation to sustain his relationship with others. I learned from this act that sacrifice is essential for maintaining a life-long relationship or connection.

I came across numerous grammatical and punctuation errors. These errors impeded my reading process, and I wouldn't say I liked it. I constantly had to go over each sentence to grasp the information the author was trying to get across. The book needs another round of editing. Also, the book is not well structured. Therefore, I am rating the book 3 out of 4 stars. Besides that, I enjoyed every other thing about the book. I appreciate the author's labour in relating the experiences to how they happened.

My favourite aspect of the book was when the author narrated a fun event involving his wife. They were invited to a wedding, but the hotel staff informed them that they had cancelled the wedding two to three days before the wedding. His friend, Jim, halted the wedding and never told the guests. He left that duty to the hotel. That made me think of what would have happened if Chris Burrows had travelled to the venue with his wife before he got the information.

In conclusion, I recommend this book to individuals who love traveling and adventure. This book will be instrumental to people interested in learning the art of survival when conducting business in a foreign land. Readers will be exposed to the dangers of leaving one's comfort zone to explore opportunities elsewhere.

Not for all the tea in China
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison
2022 Reading Goal: 30
2022 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by Christopherio »

The book is about the adventures and experiences of a self-employed businessman. this book cover is what piqued my interest and this book seems informative and humourous. great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”