Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Salah bourouba »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you know Algeria, then you know that it was colonized by the French for over a century, and there were more than a million and a half casualties during the war. There were many brave men who worked for its independence both inside and outside of its territory, like Dr. Ghoulem Berrah, who, although his studies and career led him to leave the country, never stopped fighting for its freedom, or for the freedom of any other country that was suffering. He was a proud Muslim practitioner and a big believer in peace throughout the world. That led to the title of this memoir, A Dream For Peace Following his death, the Dr. Ghoulem Berrah foundation published his memoir, which contains the different phases of his life, from childhood to the final moments of his life.

I enjoyed A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah very much because you rarely see a memoir about Arabic people who have reached a certain level in their lives to be admired and looked up to. Dr. Ghoulem was a very intelligent and successful person. He stood for and believed in many humanitarian issues, like the Palestinian cause and the French oppression of Algeria. He lived a very interesting life, devoted to his family and life's purpose, "peace," and since I am an Algerian person myself, I am proud to have been able to read his life's monologue and achievements. I am also amazed by his faith and relationship with his wife, for though she was not of the same religion as him, it is obvious that he loved her more than anything, which shows the kindness and acceptance he had for different religions.

There isn't anything I didn't like about the book; it was very enlightening and eye-opening to the many different problems that the world has, and how each and every one of us humans should work one way or another, with the smallest actions or words, to ensure peace in it.

I would rate this book a 4 out of 4. For me, it was an exceptional memoir, and Mr. Nana Yalley has done an exceptional job editing it. There were no mistakes found, and the flow of the book was flawless.

I would recommend this book to people who enjoy reading about accomplished individuals throughout the globe. Also, anyone interested in human and world peace will be very interested because he was an active participant in maintaining and making that dream a reality. 

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”