Review of Bama Boy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of Bama Boy

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bama Boy" by Bobby Morrison.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wished that you could achieve your goals no matter what obstacles arose? If yes, Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison is a book that you shouldn't miss out on reading. It tells the story of the author's transition from penury to wealth. Although his childhood memories were enjoyable, he experienced extreme poverty. He picked cotton to earn small tokens to feed himself and his family; eating regularly was difficult for them. Going to school was not easy for him either, since he only went on rainy days since cotton can't be picked during wet periods. Amidst all these setbacks, he wasn't deterred from pursuing his dreams. Instead, he devised ways to keep moving.

Considering that I'm an avid lover of inspirational books, this write-up caught my interest because it had inspiring content. Reading it further till the end, I found out that I didn't dislike any aspect of it because all parts had lessons accrued from it. Successful people don't quit, but rather they keep trying; the writer kept changing jobs, even after his first business collapsed. He didn't give up till his dreams became valid. This book is also a self-help one because it teaches one how to overcome low self-esteem; the main character in this write-up demonstrated good self-esteem during the period when his classmates in school made a mockery of him simply because he came from a poor background; he didn't allow their downgrading statements to bring him down; instead, he saw himself as a blessed kid. Indeed, he was academically sound.

Furthermore, having parents and family members who cheer you up even in your minor victories is critical; this gives one the feeling that he or she is loved and appreciated. The writer's parents supported him every step of the way, which made him love them even more and not take them for granted. Of course, they were also his motivation, because putting smiles on their faces became a priority to him; this made him strive for success more. A supportive family is indeed what everyone should desire to be part of or have. 

I gave this book a rating of four out of four stars because I enjoyed all aspects of it. It was also professionally edited because I encountered only a few errors. Its exhilarating content also influenced my decision to give it a complete star rating.

I recommend it to lovers of self-help books and people who desire to know how to keep moving after encountering failures because this book's content would be helpful to them. 

Bama Boy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Mr. Morrison certainly overcame a lot of things. I applaud him for his resilience.
Bennaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bennaji.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Bennaji »

A wonderful boom which everyone can learn from. Well-done!
Joyce Nwaogazie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

The protagonist in this narrative is sure a force to reckon with, his determination and consistency are worth emulating, and a highly motivational book that teaches us to keep going no matter the harsh condition we find ourselves in. Looking forward to reading this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”