Review of Civilization's Quotations

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Darlington O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-o.html
Latest Review: Mind, Body, Spirit and Discovering the Purpose of Life by Diane Calabrese

Review of Civilization's Quotations

Post by Darlington O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Civilization's Quotations" by Richard Alan Krieger.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It's a really popular idea that the words of our elders are wise and steeped in wisdom. These elders pass on, though, causing them to take these words of wisdom with them. How do we preserve these precious words better than compiling them all in an easy-to-read book?

Civilisation's Quotations: Life's Ideal is an absolutely amazing book written by Richard Alan Krieger. This one-of-a-kind book is a book of quotations. It is a compilation of different kinds of quotes and sayings from different sources.

The author began this book with quotes on life, the beauty of life, and how easy it is to overlook and forget about more important things in the journey of life. There were also quotes on the past, the present, and the future. As the book progressed, there were more quotes from different fields and of different styles. There were quotes on the human character, wisdom, philosophy, and education as well. The book also contained quotes on power and its destructive abilities to everyone deemed to receive it.

I did not find any negative aspects in this book, though. However, this book has some positive aspects. First, the idea of the entire book being a place you can go to and find any quote is a really nice one. Again, I really liked the categorization. Different quotes were classified under headings; for instance, headings like Education and Faith made room for ease of access and for better reading.

One other positive aspect I really enjoyed in this book was the wide range of quotes featured. There were quotes from the Bible; for instance, "a prophet is not without honor save in his own country" - Matt 8:57. There were also quotes from the Quran, quotes from old philosophers and writers. This book contains quotes from different religions, creating a very delicious cup of mixed tea. Again, there were different kinds of quotes, ranging from serious to witty then to funny ones. This book was also exceptionally well edited, and I did not find any errors in it.

I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I did not rate it lower than this because it is an absolutely splendid book, and I am thrilled to have it in my possession. While I think this book is one everybody must have, I would recommend it specifically to anyone interested in compilations. Anyone who is into witty and pleasurable quotes will find this intriguing.

Civilization's Quotations
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Raymond N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymond-n.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 53%

Post by Raymond N »

I think the mixture of different kind of quotes would make this an interesting read. Great review.
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: How I Found Buddha On The Trading Floor
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Free Fish Friday by Lee Stone
2022 Reading Goal: 30
2022 Goal Completion: 73%

Post by Patty Allread »

I like the idea of having memorable quotes from various religions. Thanks for your review!
kobinankoi
Favorite Book: Seven Words You Never Want to Hear
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kobinankoi.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by kobinankoi »

Combination of funny, serious and witty quotes breaks the monotony and makes the read quite fun and easier to undertake.
TheGayOne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegayone12.html
Latest Review: Tarja Titan by TC Marti

Post by TheGayOne12 »

Quotes are amazing. I love going back from time to time to reread certain quotes. Great review!
Amiczy Magnus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-magnus.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by Amiczy Magnus »

It seems like an easy and enjoyable book to read. Reading quotes from wise people will not only be impactful but also entertaining.
Buch1-Dm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buch1-dm.html
Latest Review: Bitter Seeds:the quest for black gold by Eddie Ferraioli

Post by Buch1-Dm »

A book containing quotes from different sources will be very interesting to read. I might just check this out
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Pandemic by Dieter Gartelmann
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 95%

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

This thing about quotations is quiet important, because they reflect thinking, values. A precious book.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
2022 Reading Goal: 500
2022 Goal Completion: 1%

Post by Ceeco2002 »

Its a blessing to have the wisdom of our elders in one book. Can't wait to find out what this book has to offer. Great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”