Review of I Am Enough

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of I Am Enough

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I Am Enough" by Margy Jackson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I Am Enough by Margy Jackson is the true-life story of Margy and how she dealt with pain, depression, emotional abuse, addiction to alcohol, and her recovery. She tells her story from the beginning, when her mother and father met in Warrnambool, Australia. She also told a lot about her love for music, which led her to join a band where she met her first husband, Bill. This marriage lasted for thirteen years, and they got separated after having two kids and a repeated circle of emotional abuse. However, it doesn't end here, as she meets other men that treat her the same way, repeating the same circle of anxiety, depression, and addiction. How does she transit from all these to a life of peace and fulfillment? Read more to discover.

There is a lot of positive aspect to this book. One is the author herself. Margy Jackson is a very inspiring personality, I must say. I find her life story and everything she had to go through wonderful and inspiring. And her total honesty in writing all these down is a lot of courage, and I admire her for this. Another positive aspect regarding this point is Margy's love for music. She mentioned it a lot in her story, and I felt the connection. If anything else, I find this book excellent for this reason.

There are few authors, especially when telling a story such as this, who may like to attach pictures. Margy did just that. It helped me create better and more realistic images as I read through. I find this positive. I was astonished when she talked about her house being brought on a semi-trailer; just imagining that helped me better understand.

Also, I found the relationship between her and her family beautiful. They supported her and helped her out when she needed them most. The incredible thing was that they still hung out together after the children were more than 30 years old. In our world today, many families get so lost in personal issues that they don't see each other except on the phone. I find nothing I dislike about the book. The book appeared professionally edited.

With this, I rate I Am Enough 4 out of 4 stars. I find this book very inspiring and enlightening. Even though Margy had gone through a lot when she was younger due to wrong decisions and bad company, her later story was inspiring. I greatly admire Margy for her courage to move on and stay strong regardless of circumstance. I love the entire book, the conversational style, the diction, the title of the chapters, and the book's title. The book's title alone lured me to pick up the book. I recommend this book to women struggling with depression, anxiety, and any form of addiction. This might be your light at the end of the tunnel.

I Am Enough
View: on Bookshelves
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

Thanks for the informative review. I can relate to the author's love of music and how it may have punctuated her experiences in life. It is a nice touch.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

I commend the author for her courage in writing this book, I know it definitely took alot of it to write a sentimental aspects of one's life.
The review is also explanatory and intriguing, Thanks for the review.
Benedicta1970
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benedicta1970.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Benedicta1970 »

I look forward to reading this book.Great review
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I think I'd also find this book inspiring. Good to see you had a wonderful time reading this, and I hope I do too. Great review.
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

Perhaps, maybe ... this is not just a book for women, but for men also.
Lynderella
Currently Reading: Seven Words You Never Want to Hear
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Lynderella »

I think the author is quite brave to address these issues in her book. It shows great strength and resilience, being able to overcome so many challenges. I hope that readers who are facing similar experiences can find the courage to deal with their daily struggles. I would be adding this to my "want to read" list. Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”