Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tori_J
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tori-j.html
Latest Review: Aprende ABC con los animales de Puerto Rico by Yeseira Caro

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Tori_J »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bluewater Walkabout, by Tina Dreffin, is a memoir of a woman who got peace and relief through adventures with her family. The author had suffered sexual abuse as a child. She also had cancer and lost her baby.

The story starts when the author and her family embark on a journey to Africa, South Africa precisely. They intended to fly to South Africa to get a boat to sail to the Bahamas. Before boarding the plane to South Africa, they met a man who discouraged them from going, which almost prevented them from going.

Tina and her husband are Australian aboriginals, and they had wished for an adventure far away from home. The fella warned that South Africa was a deadly place, especially the sea, which is riddled with deadly white sharks. This information almost prevented them from achieving their dreams. However, they chose to ignore the bad news and embarked on the journey to happiness and fun.

Bluewater Walkabout, by Tina Dreffin, is a memoir by someone whose strength and determination I immensely admired. Apart from the adventure she went on, writing this book was a way of trying to heal herself. Having gone through horrible things in life, she took a courageous step toward healing and moving on; this is something admirable.

I love the dialogues, especially the ones among the kids. They seem lively and humorous. At one point, I felt like I was reading a fictional work because of how enjoyable the conversations were. I love how Tina's husband took charge of everything. Despite having a sensitive wife and very active kids with their friends who could cause a lot of trouble in the course of the journey, he took control of everything without dropping the reigns, just like he should. That shows how supportive and active he is in his family.

Tina is an adventurous human, and she loves traveling and nature. This is a trait I envy about her. As a nature lover, I can't help but imagine why she felt such amazing feelings from her adventures because I also feel the same when I visit new and intriguing places. Every chapter in the book starts with powerful quotes by powerful and notable men and women. This alone is an excellent reason to pick up this book and read it to completion. The pictures made the pages colorful, and I enjoyed reading every bit of this book. I have nothing to complain about in this book. I found just one punctuation error in this book, bringing me to the conclusion that the editors did an excellent job. Therefore, I would give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to people who might have suffered abuse and those who love adventures.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Thera reads
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thera-reads.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Thera reads »

Adventure can be a great way to meet new people and make new friends.
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

Bluewater Walkabout is a testament to the power of following your dreams. Tina Dreffin's courage to embark on such a challenging voyage and her determination to overcome obstacles serve as an inspiration for anyone seeking their own path

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”