Review of Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Karol123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karol123.html
Latest Review: The Unlikely Cowboy by James E. Doucette

Review of Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by Karol123 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Health Tips, Myths and Tricks is a non-fiction book by Morton E. Tavel that offers health advice, uncovers false wellness practices, and debunks untrue health claims.

Facts about weight loss, obesity and food consumption are discussed. The author highlights why breakfast is important, and food that people should refrain from eating are detailed. The side effects of eating fish are explained. The author highlights the advantages of having potassium in the diet, and the effects of consuming too much red meat are detailed. The author guides readers on how they can consume rice in a healthy manner. The advantages and disadvantages of dietary supplements are clarified. The safety record of artificial sweeteners and their effectiveness are discussed. The author offers tips on how to eat healthily and provides the dangers of smoke inhalation. The meaning and causes of heartburn are highlighted. The author illustrates the importance of sleeping properly. The effects of exercise on the body and the mental health are detailed. The author explains which type of water is safe to drink, and the untrue rumours about wireless network are addressed. Myths about allergies are exposed. The author compares the safety levels between travelling via air and travelling via a car. The credibility of a lie detector is discussed. The author touches on questionable medical practices and talks about his thoughts on alternate medicine.

This book is written in a descriptive and detailed manner, and the author uses a quantitative method to conduct research for this book. Specifically, Health Tips, Myths and Tricks contains statistical research to back up the concepts explained by the author. The author drafted this book in an understandable manner and using comprehensible terms. As a reader, I loved this because I didn’t have to come across medical jargon that I could not understand. This book was excellently edited because I did not find any grammatical error. In fact, the format the author used to write this book makes the book readable. There are no profanities in this book, and the book can be enjoyed by people from any religion.

The author presents this book as a health guide. Health Tips, Myths and Tricks is one of the most essential books to read. I say this because this book provides necessary health tips and highlights a lot of popular health concepts that are misleading. I enjoyed reading this book, and I loved learning more about health-related concepts of which I wasn’t aware. This book provides essential guide on how to leave a happy and healthy life while warning the readers to be aware of the big companies that trick consumers into buying their products even though they are harmful. The author thoroughly believes in conventional medicine, and he repeatedly expresses his doubts for the credibility of alternative medicine.

What I love about this book is the detailed and easy to read concepts. I learned a lot of things that I can apply to my own health in order to live a better and healthy life. There is not a single thing I did not like about this book. I rate this book 4 out of 4. This book did not only provide great wellness advice, but it also exposed a lot of popular health myths and misconceptions. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn more about healthy living. Readers who enjoyed Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber will love this book.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”