Review of The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
PrincessVenus554
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princessvenus554.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Review of The Biblical Clock

Post by PrincessVenus554 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The clash between science and religion appears to be indestructible, if not immutable. Since the dawn of time, these two conceptions of the universe have been at loggerheads. Science and religion, as we know them, have only existed in the past, and it is these same categories, rather than their underlying notions, that limit our ability to appreciate how formal scientific inquiry connects to holy living. What we think we know about the two categories is dismantled in Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon's The Biblical Clock, then rebuilt in a startling and beneficial modern paradigm. Because they are tracing the history of these concepts in parallel, we can learn more about their accurate accounts and see how scientific research and religious life can influence and benefit one another. Hence, please take a look at this book and be awed by the depth and breadth of its content. 

In my opinion, evolution and religious ideas do not have to be in conflict. Even if science and religion were correct in their interpretations, they could not coexist. The world can be viewed through two quite distinct prisms: those of science and religion. It is possible to see the same world from two separate viewpoints. Biological evolution, atmospheric composition, and planetary motion are topics covered by scientific research. Religion, on the other hand, is concerned with the more profound questions of life's meaning and purpose, the proper relationship between humans and their Creator, and the moral principles that guide our daily actions. What I appreciate most about the book is how objective the authors are in weighing the two issues, as well as how well-researched it is. 

When science and religious belief transgress their borders and improperly encroach on one another, seeming inconsistencies arise. As I was able to validate the authors’ motivation to reconcile each subject and observe the enormous extent they went to, I have nothing to dislike about this book. 

I've gained a newfound respect for our past and a desire to use it as a source of learning. Astounding as it may seem, authors can maintain a book's goal throughout the writing process. Hence, this book received a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. Based on what has been described above, as well as the exceptional quality of the editing, as I found no errors, I have given it a perfect rating.

In this book, you'll find several approaches that could be useful to those who want to revisit some of the Bible's most famous figures, such as Adam and Eve. Also, those who enjoy reading about past scientific findings may find this helpful.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”