Review of Memories Secrets And Belgrade

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Review of Memories Secrets And Belgrade

Post by Darlings O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Memories Secrets And Belgrade" by Helena Kafas.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A good book will get your eyes glued all day long. The detailed journey and memories of Belgrade sums up as intriguing and will leave the reading audience on their toes to the last page. Helen gave a relatable and interesting story of her love life and memories in Belgrade, both with her grandmother and her husband, Justin.

Memories Secrets and Belgrade is a journey penned down by Helena Kafas. Her previous visits to her grandmother chiefly inspired her visit to Belgrade. The book was intentionally detailed. It is divided into twenty-three days. Each day has its unique element. The book will serve more as a daily journal. The book gave a great insight into traveling to Belgrade and what to expect from its people and surrounding.

One significant positive aspect of the book is the plain English employed. Thus, it was easy to read and understand. Helena gave a daily detailed experience of her trip to Belgrade starting from Brisbane, Australia, to Belgrade, Serbia. Her story was real and relatable as opposed to fictional works. I enjoyed its originality. Another positive aspect of her book is the naked truth on the behavior of some personnel in Belgrade. It gives prospective tourists an insight into what to expect. Helena also hinged on her love life with Justin and Marinko. This gave the book a different aura, which I enjoyed.

There are two negative aspects of this book. The first could be seen in her short eavesdropping stories. I did not quite enjoy those parts, as it was half completed, and in most cases, it did not serve the purpose which I believed it ought to serve. The book also contains a lot of errors, especially in punctuation marks. It was not professionally edited.

I will rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because of the errors I found in this book and the unfinished effect her eavesdropping story generally left on the book. Not mind these, it was still a good book, and I could not give it a lower rating.

I strongly recommend this book to tourists. I recommend it to people who collate information on cultures, behaviors, and artifacts. They could pay a visit to Belgrade, Serbia. There is a lot to discover. From this book, I've learned that the buildings and surroundings are still covered in graffiti as opposed to the 21st century modern houses. Their behavior is still deep-rooted in their cultures and beliefs, and they have places that will be of interest to a tourist; examples of such places are the car museum and the city center.

Memories Secrets And Belgrade
View: on Bookshelves
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

the fact that the story was easy to read, real, and relatable is great to see. Great review.
TheGayOne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegayone12.html
Latest Review: Tarja Titan by TC Marti

Post by TheGayOne12 »

After reading your review, I decided to read a sample from the book, and I loved it. Thank you!
cutemami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cutemami.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by cutemami »

This book seems very handy and I love that about it.
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

I love the culture of diverse regions. This will gonna long way in my research work. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”