Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ajiboye Shola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiboye-shola.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Ajiboye Shola »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The struggle for the general well-being of humanity requires principle, self-abnegation, consistency, patience, doggedness, and resilience to uphold one's belief in the face of persecution. In his book, "A Dream For Peace," Dr. Ghoulem Berrah has undoubtedly and greatly displayed all these traits.

The writer, Dr. Berrah, was born in Ain Beida, in northeastern Algeria, where he had his primary education. His father died when he was seven years old, leaving the parental upbringing to his mother. Her mother, in displaying her motherly duty, left no stone unturned by ensuring he had a perfect background both morally and academically. He later proceeded to the University of Bordeaux in France to study. Unfortunately, his mother died before he graduated. However, he had a serious concern for his nation and its people under the Colonial government. He explains the unfair, unequal, and harsh treatment his people endure and are subject to all the time. He was determined that things would not remain the same. In his quest to achieve this goal, he endured so many difficulties, such as starvation, imprisonment, racism, rejection, and many more. Despite all these discouraging factors, he remains committed to the cause. Do you wonder what Algeria and other African countries feared during the colonial era? Then you need to read this wonderful book.

There are a lot of things that attracted me to this book. First, the writer's excellent and unambiguous writing style impressed me and made it easy for me to read. Another thing I like is the writer's multidisciplinary calling or qualities that aid his service to humanity in many capacities during his nation's liberation struggle. Also, his unrelenting effort in seeking international support to achieve his cause was motivational. His ability to balance his political and academic careers without any hitches was impressive too. 

I like his second-to-none selflessness and leadership qualities. For instance, in encouraging his fellow Algerian brother, he said, "I told him again and again that for us to play an essential role in our country's future and to be there for our people after independence, our selfish needs must be secondary to the stability of a new Algeria."

There was nothing I disliked about the book. I enjoy every bit of it. However, I found one typographical error in the book, but this did not affect my enjoyment. As a result, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend the book "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah to lovers of the history of the colonial era and the political struggle of African nations.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Sounds like a book I’ll love to read over chilled juice on a cool evening. Nice review. Thanks!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”