Review of Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarai Burgos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarai-burgos.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Review of Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook

Post by Sarai Burgos »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook" by Fred Sievert.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In his book Fast-Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook, Fred Sievert describes how his daughter Dena, after graduating from college and working for a major cosmetics brand, approaches him and asks, "What can I do to stand out and distinguish myself from all the other young employees?" Fred, the president of a Fortune 100 company, quickly recalls those junior employees who stood out from the crowd, analyzing what their skills and attitudes were and what aspects they demonstrated that led him to believe they had greater potential. Seeing his daughter's success with her rabbits inspires him to share this knowledge with other young people like Dena, who are just starting their careers and grappling with similar issues.

Fred Sievert acknowledged that many young people starting their careers are dissatisfied when they discover that their exposure to senior management is not what they expected from the beginning. They may even come to believe that the career in which they have invested so much money is not the one promised by their professors and the university, which would demoralize them and lead them to doubt their abilities.

The author emphasizes the relationship between faith and career, explains how to apply biblical principles in the workplace, and offers practical advice for achieving a successful and fulfilling career. Fast-Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook encourages you to discover your natural aptitudes, or “spiritual gifts,” as the author prefers to call them, to magnify your impact across all dimensions of your life and speed up your advancement and success in your chosen career. This will cause long-term happiness and fulfillment. At the end of each chapter, there are action steps that can be taken both long term and short term to provide you with tools for your professional career, spiritual growth, and personal development.

I liked how short this book is; it means there isn't a lot of filler text, and I also liked how it encourages you to focus on yourself first, then the company you're with or want to be with. Emphasize the significance of aligning your personal values with those of the company for which you work.

There is nothing I dislike about the work. The only thing I would disagree with is Sievert's statement that employees prove their commitment by arriving early, leaving late, and occasionally working on weekends, but this is a personal ideology, and I believe everyone has an opinion on it.

I give Fast-starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. This book is recommended for those who are just starting out in their careers as well as those who are already established but want to improve their performance and excel. Although the work has a strong Christian bent, its advice is applicable to people of all religions and beliefs.

Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the author emphasized the idealism of young people at the beginning of their careers. The book is clear and concise which deserves praise. Thanks for the good review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”