Review of Manifesto for a Cancer Patient

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nwadinso Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-michael.html
Latest Review: Mon Cheri by Spare Time Novels

Review of Manifesto for a Cancer Patient

Post by Nwadinso Michael »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Manifesto for a Cancer Patient" by Colleen Huber, NMD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Dr. Colleen Huber is a non-fictional book that is educative and enlightening. The book delves into the health sector, and it focuses mainly on cancer and cancer patients. The book contains 280 pages, and it is divided into two parts with 22 chapters. The first part of the book talks about the manifesto for a cancer patient. A manifesto is a public declaration of principles, policies, or intentions. The second part of the book delves into the curability of cancer with naturopathic medicine. He states the fact that chemotherapy treatment has not been able to do much for cancer patients who desire to return to a stable life. The first chapter of the book talks about what happens when a human is diagnosed with cancer. The author explains that every patient has the right to choose the kind of treatment they want. They have the right to choose and not to be coerced or forced to take a treatment that might not cure their illness. The second chapter explains the details of what to expect from a naturopathic oncologist. The book goes on to explain the work principles of a naturopathic oncologist and their standard operating procedures.

Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Dr. Colleen Huber is a thought-provoking book. Chemotherapy is known to have its disadvantage. Naturopathic medical means do not seem to have any disadvantage. I like the author's perspective. He believes that there should not be one particular cure for cancer. I think he is right because having one sole method might result in failure at a point. It is necessary to have a diverse method of treatment.

In my opinion, I agree with the author's perspective. It seems like naturopathic means of treatment have somewhat been neglected. Most people engage in a non-naturopathic mode of treatment, and I believe it is because they do not know of the efficacy of naturopathic medicines.

Every health practitioner is expected to respect and treat their patients based on the choice that their patients make. Chapter seven is my favorite chapter, and it contains analytical data that the author put together for proof of credibility.

One thing I learned from this book is that it is necessary to respect people's choices. The health status of every human is dependent on the choice they make. I love the fact that the book explains that some doctors force or try to coerce their patients. I love the honesty of the author. Colleen also gives pieces of advice on what cancer patients should stay away from so that they would not have the disease.

Sincerely, I enjoyed every aspect of this book. I did not notice any negative aspects while reading this book. This book was well-written. This book was professionally edited. I did not notice any grammatical or spelling errors while reading this book.

Finally, I think this book is a compilation of the data analysis done by the author from the beginning of his career in 2006 till 2014. I learned about the few things that can cause cancer in the human body, and I would readily recommend this book to anyone around me. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
God is a Poet and he taught me how to hold my pen.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”