Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

Post by Aisha Yakub »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It's hard to be a patient after being a healthcare provider. This is the life of Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C, the author of Surviving the Business of Healthcare. Barbara is a Physical Assistant (PA), and she shares numerous ideas on how patients can get the best outcomes from healthcare systems, particularly in the United States.

The book starts with a phone call that changes the author's life. Just as she was finishing the last chapter of this book, she became a cancer patient. It's ironic because she's used to providing care for patients, but she is now a patient herself. Barbara delves into the world of healthcare, writing about health insurance, health practices, and some other health terms too. I consider all these pieces of information useful, and I urge anyone who hasn't read this piece yet to get a copy.

Firstly, I liked that she came from a family of healthcare providers. She's a fourth-generation family practice provider. It made me imagine what it feels like to have three generations above me walk in the same career path. Reading about the small town where her husband worked was also interesting. Almost everyone knew themselves. Aside from the useful health information written about, which I'll talk about in the next paragraph, these little personal details made the book seem more real to me, and I was in touch with her personality.

There's a lot of exploitation when it comes to healthcare. From the author's point of view, healthcare should be more than a privilege; it should be a right. It's surprising how much more people without a health insurance plan pay for their healthcare. I enjoyed Barbara's exposition on this subject. If you'll like to learn more about health insurance as I did, this book would teach you more.

I found only a few grammatical errors in this book, so I believe this book is professionally edited. My only concern was that the chapters were a bit too short. Seeing a lot of chapters with short content could sometimes interrupt a flow. While it didn't quite disturb my reading, it was significant enough for me to note it. My rating for this book would be 4 out of 4 stars. It was well written and very insightful. Nothing I found in this book interfered with my reading process.

I recommend this book to readers who would like to know more about healthcare and make the most out of these systems. While there were references to the United States, most of the principles were general. If you'll like to improve your experience with healthcare systems, this book is for you.

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

Knowledge is indeed power and we should definitely learn how to benefit from health care instead of struggling to pay so many bills
Poetic Justice
Soraya Bayah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thuriya-albayaa.html
Latest Review: The Lockdown Collection by Barry Jacob

Post by Soraya Bayah »

I agree with Barbara that healthcare should be a right rather than a privilege. You provided a well-rounded and critical review, and definitely interested me in this book. Well done!
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

I read this book recently and i completely agree with your review.This book would be very helpful for patients as well as medical professionals.
:tiphat:
Stizzy Monday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stizzy-monday.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Stizzy Monday »

This seems like a helpful book about healthcare. I like that the author added her personality into it. I'll add this to my shelf.
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Sarah1738 wrote: 09 Mar 2022, 09:30 Knowledge is indeed power and we should definitely learn how to benefit from health care instead of struggling to pay so many bills
Well said. Thank you for your comment.
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:

Post by Aisha Yakub »

thuriya albayaa wrote: 09 Mar 2022, 12:53 I agree with Barbara that healthcare should be a right rather than a privilege. You provided a well-rounded and critical review, and definitely interested me in this book. Well done!
I appreciate the comment.
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Humera955 wrote: 09 Mar 2022, 21:18 I read this book recently and i completely agree with your review.This book would be very helpful for patients as well as medical professionals.
Thank you for your positive comment.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Jason's Magic Journeys by Sylvia Hebden

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

I totally enjoyed reading your review. This review has piqued my interest, and I look forward to reading this book and finding out more details for myself. Thank you for the honest feedback.
Latest
Kelvin Modilim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

Surviving the Business of Healthcare challenges conventional thinking, encouraging readers to question existing practices and strive for innovation and improvement within the industry.
Raphael Raymondd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raphael-raymondd.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Raphael Raymondd »

I found the case studies and practical tips particularly useful in understanding the real-world application of the principles discussed.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”