Review of The Intelligence Factor

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joyjim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyjim.html
Latest Review: Leora's Letters by Joy Neal Kidney

Review of The Intelligence Factor

Post by Joyjim »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Intelligence Factor" by Erik Fisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Becoming an effective salesperson can be a daunting task. The sales industry is highly competitive and labor-intensive. Many who venture into sales find it difficult to cope with the demands of this profession. Thankfully, The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher has been designed to help salespeople make a success of their career.

The book is organized into four broad sections. It explains how to overcome fear, how to launch effective sales campaigns, how to create value, how to build momentum, how to gain the attention of potential customers, and so on. The opening chapter of the book relates John Henry Patterson's dilemma when he purchased the National Cash Register Company. His decision appeared to be in poor judgment. However, he soon turned the company around and sold more and more cash registers. This introduction proves that with the right skill, sales can be a very lucrative career.

I found this book very much enlightening. I've always admired effective salespeople. However, this book goes further than helping people close deals. It helps salespeople imbibe qualities that ensure the loyalty of their customers. I also love the simplicity of the book. Sentences flow smoothly and are easy to understand.

My favorite feature of this book is the use of effective analogies. An example of this can be found on page 138. In discussing how to process leads, the author wrote, "How would you feel if your doctor immediately started prescribing you medication without first diagnosing your symptoms and the root cause?" This drove home the point and provides logical reasoning.

I learned a great deal from the author's years of experience in the sales industry. I particularly found the experience on page 174 quite insightful. He had repeatedly tried to connect with an executive but kept failing. He thereafter realized that the executive wasn't likely to remember him because there were many other salespeople vying for his attention as well. He adjusted his approach and was able to close a great deal with him.

The information in this book is broad, in-depth, and suitable to current needs in the sales industry. Also, the author left no loose ends in quoting from other books. I learned much from these outside sources of information. I have no dislikes about this book. It is a great tool for cultivating relevant skills.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is exceptionally well edited. It is a comprehensive storage of the dos and don'ts of the sales industry. Readers who wish to increase their effectiveness in sales will find this book indispensable.

The Intelligence Factor
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Benny Rach
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benny-rach.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Benny Rach »

Fisher's integration of academic understanding and practical insight makes the book a comprehensive guide to modern sales tactics.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”