Review of Overcoming Systemic Prejudice and Discrimination:

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AMANDA MTHEMBU 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-mthembu-2.html
Latest Review: Overcoming Systemic Prejudice and Discrimination: by J. Dawson Williams, D. Min.

Review of Overcoming Systemic Prejudice and Discrimination:

Post by AMANDA MTHEMBU 2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Overcoming Systemic Prejudice and Discrimination:" by J. Dawson Williams, D. Min..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Overcoming systemic prejudice and discrimination., J. Dawson Williams, D. Min. explores the different types of prejudice and discrimination that occurs within organizations and how it impacts not only the victims but the oppressors too. I learned about the detrimental implications that this has on one’s mental, emotional and physical health due to being exposed to such behaviors. I saw that it is through ethical resilience that organizations are found to be able to progress through challenges from internal as well as from the external environment. J. Dawson Williams, D. Min. places an emphasis on how vital it is to be ethical and resilient and how that can aid organizations to endeavor and overcome challenges in their continuous existence.

J. Dawson Williams, D. Min. gives a distinction between two categories of people, one being the perpetuator of prejudice and discrimination and the other being the receiver of this injustice. What I appreciate about this book is that the author reveals the power dynamics that exist between individual(s) or a group of people that perpetuate this injustice and how to combat this as an individual or group of people at the receiving end. This book is an amazing book to read as it is educational and creates an awareness regarding systemic prejudice and discrimination.

In reading this book I could not find anything that I didn’t like regarding the content as well how the book is written, the information flowed harmoniously and tied up well. I’ve found it to be a gem as a young adult who has entered the working industry and has no experience of what the industry could entail. J. Dawson Williams, D. Min. gives very effective methods and guidance on how to be ethically resilient and how that can work in your favor to be able to complete your duties required by the institution you are employed under and to have the courage to grow within that organization.

I’ve found this book to be excellently written and the information carried is of great value and beneficial to have as one progresses through their career in the respective field they find themselves in; and for those reasons I give Overcoming systemic prejudice and discrimination a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. J. Dawson Williams, D. Min. creates an awareness on one of the major issues that affects organizations, and once an awareness is raised we can then work actively in dealing with the issue accordingly.

I highly recommend this book to everyone and anyone who is starting out in the working industry, who are currently in the industry so as to be well equipped for their journey in their respective careers.

Overcoming Systemic Prejudice and Discrimination:
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”