Review of The MECE Muse

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Review of The MECE Muse

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The MECE Muse" by Christie Lindor.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The MECE Muse is an insightful, practical guide by Christie Lindor, a management consultant. Christie Lindor has provided practical advice and technical knowledge based on her years of experience on various projects. This book offers valuable insight into the professional lives of consultants through interview questions and answers. These consultants are decision-makers from selected practices whose work spans several industries globally.

Christie has beautifully outlined what it requires to be a great consultant. With years of experience in consulting, the author gives us insight into the challenges of consulting, and the results individual consultants can achieve both personally and professionally. Christie points out that consultants must manage their expectations and skillfully attend to the needs of their clients.

Consultants lead busy lives and success in such a dynamic environment requires a combination of knowledge, experience, competence, and soft skills. Great consultants listen to their clients and teammates. Great consultants are team players who add unique value to each project to the satisfaction of their clients. Additionally, the author has highlighted unwritten rules and habits of great consultants.

I liked the clear and direct language of this book. I liked the variety of questions the author asked. I appreciated the answers that were given. I thought the questions and answers allowed the reader to understand how consultants maintain successful practices. I loved that the author mentioned the importance of understanding the business environment from the client's perspective. I appreciated that the author mentions how people can transition to and from consulting. This book is great because it was practical and insightful. I like that the author separated important ideas from the main text. I liked the highlighted quotations. I thought those two aspects improved the book's readability.

There were no notable negatives for me.

I found the book to be exceptionally edited.

I gave this book a 4 out of 4 rating because it is practical and insightful. I thought it was well written as the language was clear and direct. I thought the content was invaluable.

I think this book should appeal to those interested in pursuing consulting as a career. I think those involved in career coaching should also benefit from the insights. I think clients of consultants may also find this book interesting. I think those who are already in the field will find the details in it to be applicable. If you are looking for additional information about consulting as a career you may find this to be an excellent choice.

The MECE Muse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”