Review of Manifesto for a Cancer Patient

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gloria Tohabru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloria-tohabru.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of Manifesto for a Cancer Patient

Post by Gloria Tohabru »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Manifesto for a Cancer Patient" by Colleen Huber, NMD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Health is wealth, so they say, but are individuals willing to maintain their health? And at what cost, and what length are patients ready to go to maintain their health. Are they willing to follow the long, safer naturopathic method to get rid of their Cancer, or do they prefer chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery? And what are the outcomes?

Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD is a medical non-fictional book written to create awareness, and educate cancer patients on choices, and decisions they make in the long run of seeking solutions for their cancers. This book is a very informative and interesting book to read. It talks about cancer as a whole, the right treatment as well as remedies for eliminating cancer, and the choices made by most cancer patients and their outcomes. Colleen Huber, a naturopathic doctor who has come across so many cancer patients over the years since she established her clinic in Arizona, enlighten us of the issues cancer patients faces, the pressures placed on cancer patients to go through chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery, although it might be harmful to the patient, and with the little amount of success which may mostly result in deaths of those patients who go through them. She made these points clear not only with her explanations, but she also gave detailed analysis with tables to track all records.

Being a naturopathic doctor, she stated the importance of cancer patients choosing naturopathy over chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery. Naturopathy, being a system of therapy that avoids the use of drugs and surgery but emphasizes natural remedies and physical means to treat illness (cancer in this case), according to her is the best way of getting rid of cancer. All through the chapters of her books, she stated the pressures these groups of people have to face, the records of patients she had in her clinic, and emphasizes the number of those who went into remission under her care while following every instruction they were given along with food remedies.

This book is a must-read, and I am very glad I read it. What I found likable about this book is the aspect that Dr. Colleen Huber was very detailed about her experience with cancer patients. She never failed in any aspect, and I admire her commitment to service. In chapter 6 of her book, she stated the risks and benefits of chemotherapy vs. that of natural cancer treatments. It was really sad to note the outcome of those who started in her clinic but later left to engaged in chemotherapy knowing fully well it could lead to death, but all because of the mindset that natural treatments are slow and less effective.

Moreover, I found this book to be one of those books everyone should read, being a cancer patient or not, as it might also inform readers on the necessities of some important things we tend to overlook in our everyday life. I learned that exercising is one of the natural ways of beating cancer and that the consumption of vitamins like vitamin A, C, D goes a long way too.

What I didn't like about this book is the absence of a glossary. This book is a medical book that should have a glossary, and that's because it's not everyone who reads that is conversant with the medical terms used in this book. The absence of a glossary might make certain readers find this book hard to read.

With all that being said, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book is professionally edited, and I recommend it to those having cancer, those who are part of the medical field, individuals who are related to anyone exhibiting cancer, and also those readers who are interested in grasping knowledge. I think this book would be a pass for those who aren't in favor of natural treatments.

Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”