Review of The Pro-Achievement Principle

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Moyinoluwa Awe
Currently Reading: David and Goliath
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyinoluwa-awe.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Review of The Pro-Achievement Principle

Post by Moyinoluwa Awe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Pro-Achievement Principle" by Dr. Deborah Bright.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered how certain leaders get the best of their teams? Or how certain workers get the best of co-workers and customers? These questions, and many more, pertinent to both personal and team development are succinctly answered in Dr. Deborah Bright's The Pro-Achievement Principle.

Dr. Deb expounds on two key factors forming the principle of pro-achievement: personal responsibleness and an achieving attitude. There's a lot of pressure from the society to optimise performance and to be at your best. Personal responsibleness teaches that rather than being under pressure, be in control! Being responsible is not the same as having responsibilities. Many people cannot help but carry a sorry mood and attitude due to these pressures. However, the pro-achiever knows to sustain an achieving attitude: one that is ever ready to add value and leave things better than they were. They will go the extra mile, and beat expectations, whether societal, organizational, or personal.

The author then seamlessly performs a segue from the development of the pro-achievement principles in individuals to how leaders can influence their teams with this mentality. Leaders are urged to introduce the pro-achievement principle to their teams by way of inspiration rather than injunction. Have a couple of people with the pro-achievement mentality on your team and watch that team run like a well-oiled machine!

Not many authors go to the trouble of giving readers practical examples that appropriately animate the concepts presented. Dr. Deb does an amazing job on that. The book is inundated with relevant anecdotes that make it easy for the reader to understand the points of discussion. This style is particularly laudable as it prevents misinterpretations. I enjoyed reading this book and there was nothing at all that I disliked about it.

I must also commend the painstaking editorial work on this book: it was almost perfect. I'll certainly give this book a 4 out of 4 stars. I consider this book is a practical manual for personal development, effective leadership, and organisational success.

I recommend The Pro-Achievement Principle to leaders, workers, job seekers, teams, organisations, and individuals interested in both personal and team development. If I had the hard copy of this book, it'd be on my book shelf (top row)! The book undoubtedly accomplishes its aim: education on the principle of pro-achievement.

The Pro-Achievement Principle
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”