Review of Planning for a Better, Greener Future

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fazzier
Currently Reading: Secondary Break
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fazzier.html
Latest Review: Planning for a Better, Greener Future by Peter Nelson

Review of Planning for a Better, Greener Future

Post by Fazzier »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Planning for a Better, Greener Future" by Peter Nelson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Planning for a Better, Greener Future is a thought-provoking, informative global Strategic Environment Assessment (SEA) written by Peter Nelson, seeking to educate and collect views from readers regarding some of the global issues affecting mankind and our planet Earth. An attempt at a global SEA, this book addresses some of the issues affecting us the world over and proposes ways in which they can be addressed. The main focus is put on the issues of climate change and global warming which, as we all know, have been and remain a threat to us all. Other equally critical issues addressed in this SEA include poverty, high rates of maternal mortalities in developing countries, the ever-growing gap between the rich and the poor (income disparities), and political instability, among other pressing ones. Do you believe there are ways such issues can be addressed? This book puts you in a better place to influence and push for better policies that will reverse the dangerous direction the world is headed. This eye-opening global SEA is designed to educate and guide you on the above-mentioned issues, and later, through questionnaires, it asks for your opinions regarding the various proposed solutions. The responses collected will be used to influence various policies made by the world's major policymakers, such as the UN and the World Bank, among others. Do you want your opinion to contribute to making the world a better place to live in? Then, this book is for you.

There were many things I liked about this book. First, I liked how it was organized. The author began by providing readers with the backgrounds of the issues captured in this book. Each issue is presented in its own chapter, and it is supported with verifiable statistics and facts. The author attempted to make the presentations as simple as possible to enhance understanding. This made this work interesting and informative. And talking of interesting, the author includes some painting illustrations that were not only visually appealing but also humorous. The author's many years of experience as a SEA editor was also apparent in how well-versed he was with the analyses he presented in this book. I also liked the fact that this book is practical. This book ends with questionnaires to collect readers' views on the previously addressed issues, meaning it is not just a mere proposal but an action-oriented one. I felt I contributed to something great and positive by participating in this SEA, and anyone who reads this will feel that way too.

My favorite aspect of this book was how blunt the author was in writing this. The author did not shy away from mentioning some issues that may be ordinarily sensitive, such as bad policies made by some world's reputable leaders. However, despite the author’s brutal honesty, I liked the fact that he still remained objective, respectful, and constructive in tackling them, and this will be nothing but informative to readers.

Overall, I couldn't find anything to dislike about this book. I believe it was professionally edited since I found just a few very minor errors. The errors were not distracting, and therefore, I am glad to award Planning for a Better, Greener Future: A Global Strategic Environmental Assessment by Peter Nelson 4 out of 4 stars. This SEA is well-written, thought-provoking, and informative, and it deserves each of the four stars I’ve given it.

Providing us with the chance to influence world major policies, I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to take part in this change. The effects of climate change, global warming, and other world issues affect us in one way or another, and I think this book provides us with the best opportunity to save our world before it is too late. On the other hand, this book may be technical to some readers, but anyone with an A-level education can understand it without any difficulty.

Planning for a Better, Greener Future
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga
Favorite Book: How to Survive the Coming Retirement Storm
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-korie-ifeoma-chisomaga.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga »

A highly educative content. This book teaches and creates awareness the damage does to the earth zone. Thank you.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

We should all plan towards a green environment. This would be helpful for conservation of resources. Thanks for the review.
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

Climate change affects us all. I commend the author for writing a book that spotlights such a critical issue
ChampagneSon
Currently Reading: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit?
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-champagneson.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by ChampagneSon »

This great review made it as if I was reading the actual book, There's only one earth and we should all work towards saving it.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

Thank you for the lovely review! I think that this book is super informative when it comes to the world's pressing issues nowadays, and how it is written in an organized makes it simple and easy to understand.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

My brain can understand this review. Thanks for the review
Maltida Jane
Currently Reading: The Second Eve
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maltida-jane.html
Latest Review: The Second Eve by Bette Boersma

Post by Maltida Jane »

This book is highly educative. Thank you for this great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”