Review of The Pro-Achievement Principle

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Quennie Joyce I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quennie-joyce-i.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Review of The Pro-Achievement Principle

Post by Quennie Joyce I »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Pro-Achievement Principle" by Dr. Deborah Bright.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Pro-Achievement Principle: Cultivate Personal Skills for Effective Teams by Deborah S. Bright is the first book of The Bright Press BIZLET series. They coined the term BIZLET to describe a book which contains 140 pages or less. This BIZLET introduces the pro-achievement principle by basically and essentially defining what it is, as well as by practically describing a pro-achiever or a person who operates by the pro-achieving principle. Throughout this book, personal responsibleness and the achieving attitude are repeatedly tackled, illustrated, and elaborated. Deborah S. Bright gave rich and insightful demonstrations to both of these characteristics or attitudes for the individual person and for the team setting or context.

The most obvious positive aspect this book has is definitely its straightforwardness. Its content is consistently detailed in simple, understandable, and relevant terms, which is exactly how you would want such a practical message to be delivered. It is excellently edited as well, which is a great proof to how The Bright Press exemplifies first and foremost the ideals it is promoting to and teaching its readers. I love how the book uses a lot of practical examples from daily life, specifically from work and family life, which makes it a whole lot relatable.

The only negative aspect that I could say this book has is that, it is too good to be this short. Although, on the other hand, I understand that BIZLETs are designed to be this short or even shorter. It simply is a preference thing. I prefer it to be longer and written in text book style.

As you may have or may not have already noticed, I am all praises for this book. I genuinely enjoyed reading it from its first word to its last. That is why, I am giving it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I truly took to heart every lesson it taught and I am honestly continually looking for ways to practically and immediately apply these lessons in my own life. This book has impacted and influenced me that much.

Obviously, the recommended audience for this reading are those who already are in leadership roles. I believe this book could and would refresh and inspire you and your team in a way or another. I would further recommend this to those who are not in any leadership roles yet but are considering to become leaders in the future. The ideals and lessons presented here would kick start you to become your best self who would later on empower others to be their best as well.

The Pro-Achievement Principle
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”