Review of Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (French Edition)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
vaccum servo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vaccum-servo.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Review of Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (French Edition)

Post by vaccum servo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (French Edition)" by Peter Liptak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Idiom Attack Vol.1: Everyday Living (French Edition) by Peter Liptak. Learning figures of speech is crucial for outsiders, as this is the difference between being seen as a novice and being someone that others can consider a local speaker. The book has about 300 Native American idioms that are effectively used to instruct and broaden the reader's personality so that they may begin to understand and communicate English more easily as Americans do. What makes this book so incredible is the teaching strategy employed by the author. The creators used a three-risk-ready technique to present the proverb in a way that anyone can understand without any hassle. First; you master the importance of expressions through French proficiency, and then, at this point, you finally confirm them; you practice what you already realize.

Personally, I struggle with a lot of phrases. I was fortunate to have had excellent mentoring during my student days. However, when talking to local speakers, I've been having a hard time grasping regular discussions. Along these lines, I need to come up with an additional attempt to learn and retain figures of speech without anyone else. The French is flawless and there are quite a few idioms. I especially like the emphasis on using the verb modifier of spot, which is really hard for French students. I can't say if anyone would have been persuaded to read this book without a mentor, but it's a pleasure to work with.

The structure of the book is admirable. The author divides the book into 25 chapters, each containing 15 phrases grouped together under different situational headings that apply to real-world settings and everyday life. This manages the adaptive cost of choosing which part usually meets your requirements and learning it first.

There is nothing I dislike about this book. It provides readers with many models and activities to fully understand and apply over 300 English and French phrases. Students will be hand-instructed through the most common comprehension and rehearsal expressions. Mr. Liptak uses direct discussion, which uses aphorisms, short stories with questions and answers, and clear sentences that aid learning.

I rate Idiom Attack Vol.1: Everyday Living (French Edition) by Peter Liptak with four out of four stars. This book is amazingly bilingual. highly recommended. I believe the author has written more books like this. The most important thing about this book is the opportunity to learn the maxims of two dialects all the time: English and French. This book is a great asset for learning English. The first thing I want to say is that to use this book, you should know how to communicate in intermediate English anyway.

I think this book is an incredible reference for anyone looking to improve their French. The ability to use context-appropriate guidelines and speech styles described in this book is a hallmark of speakers who are familiar with any language. This may not show readers everything they need to know about French, but it does shed a lot on its mechanics.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who needs to develop their English further, it must be an incredible asset. I open this book to educators and students. This is a family-friendly book. Vacationers will find this book extremely valuable as it relies on situational learning and is a good asset for successful communication.

Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (French Edition)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”