Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
peace_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-m.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by peace_m »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. And the other is as though everything is a miracle. Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin told the tale of the author's adventure along with her family across the South Pacific. This book featured the themes of family and unity.

Tina and her husband, Peter, planned another adventure with their children. At some point, other individuals joined them, and this time, they centered on Africa. The group journeyed from Johannesburg, South Africa, to the Bahamas. They went into the Kruger National Park and encountered lots of animals. Also, they had a great time at sea and even got a history lesson. The book told the story of a family expedition and described nature differently. Grab a copy of this book to join Tina Dreffin and her family on this adventure.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. That is because I thoroughly enjoyed the book, as it included everything needed to make it enjoyable. Each chapter began with positive and life-changing quotes from renowned individuals. The book also contained colorful pictures and maps, and the author described events in detail. That created pictorial images while reading and made readers feel part of the adventure.

After reading this book, I could not help but feel enlightened due to the amount of information. I learned about animals such as Cuda, the best way to carry money, and how to keep it safe while boarding a ship. The customs of the tribes in South Africa, like the Xhosas and Zulus, were admirable. The book addressed sensitive issues, and educated readers on rape and its effects, the trans-Atlantic slave trade and the method by which it took place, the yearly rate of rape, and the name the Xhosa tribal members called the giraffe. It included some other languages and their translations, and I found myself pronouncing the names of some towns to get the same feeling as the author. It was thrilling. Even the flashbacks were impactful.

I read about the author and could not help but marvel at her personality and adventurous spirit, which even spread to the rest of her family. Even as a child, she and her sister had begun going on adventures at the slightest opportunity. Her focus on traveling and her major love for adventure leaves me in utter wonder. Tina has faced so many challenges in life that evoke empathy. Her behavior of not letting life's ugly situations get to her makes her admirable. Her knowledge is so vast, and it reminded me of the saying that urges one to try and learn something about everything.

The book was superb. It used simple language that involved similes and metaphors. Also, the author's experience dealing with Warren as an adolescent was hilarious.

I enjoyed the book and would appreciate it more as a movie. There is absolutely nothing to dislike about the book. Also, the book's editing was professional, as I noticed only a few errors. This book will appeal to lovers of adventurous books.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Grampy
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grampy.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Grampy »

I find this story relatable maybe because Im close to Kruger national park. I think I will like to enjoy life like how Tina did.
Thanks for sharing the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”