Review of I Was Scammed

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Review of I Was Scammed

Post by Ekezie1998 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I Was Scammed" by Gini Graham Scott.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever been scammed? Do you wish never to fall prey to scammers and their wiles? Then, I Was Scammed is exactly the book you need. Having been a victim of fraud herself, Gini Graham Scott writes this book as a light at the end of a dark tunnel for others to learn from her experiences and also gain knowledge from them. Everything you need to know about scams is discussed in this book, from how it is done to the different types of scams, preventive measures, and recovery steps to take if you are a victim already.

Gini Graham Scott covers every single aspect of how fraud may occur, ranging from commerce, social media, email to real estate scams, amongst others. I Was Scammed is an indispensable tool in a world where millions of people fall victim to the excessive schemes of scammers. She dissects the possible ways to identify scams and ways to protect yourself against them. She creates awareness for a pandemic, scamming, which affects both the rich and poor, individuals and companies, small and large companies, and persons from all walks of life. She delivers this book to keep us woke and alert. This is not just any book. It is a must-have.

The book has a lot of positive aspects. I must commend the real stories of victims of online fraud and samples of pitches scammers use to bait people, which she included in the book. It makes the book expository and well-detailed. Further on this note, the statistics and references made to several other sources make it credible and far-reaching. This goes a long way to show the amount of research the author must have committed herself to.

Also worthy of commendation is the author’s efforts to make the book uncomplicated and straightforward as she gives a compact summary before and after each part. She lets the reader know what to expect in the next chapter and recaps the content of the previous chapters. The illustrations used were an excellent addition to the book. It caught the eye and helped bolster the writer’s point from time to time.

There were some negative aspects to the book. The grammatical errors in the book were much to ignore. It goes to show that the book was not properly edited. Also, I felt there were unnecessary repetitions in the text. Some points were talked about way too many times and dwelt on. It could be for emphasis. However, I felt they were highly unnecessary. A subtle reference to them would have sufficed.

I rate the book 3 out of 4 because of the errors and unnecessary repetitions I discovered in the book. I did not rate it lower because it was still a well of knowledge. I recommend this book to victims of fraud and persons who have no intentions of becoming a victim.

I Was Scammed
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Venus2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-venus2304.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Venus2304 »

As a lover of self development books, I found this book very interesting and easy to relate with (being almost a victim of scam myself).
Mia Lyn Mercado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mia Lyn Mercado »

For me this book "I was Scammed" is a must read books now a days because many scammer are all around. The one thing that need improvements is that the avoidance of repetition and multiple errors in the books that the author must also consider because the essence of content change.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

This is very insightful. It's brave of the author to share her story. Thank you for the review.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

This is such a great review- I am really interested in reading this actually . Thanks for the insightful information
Emmy page
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmy-page.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Emmy page »

From this review, I think and i know that this book is a good fit, and will go a long way to add another defensive seal to my resolve not to fall victim to scammers so easily. look I have twice fallen victim to internet scams in my quest to start an online marketing business and lost a couple hundred $.I am more conscious now but i am eager to know how scammers work in other industries. This book might well give me more insights. thanks for a good review.
Vidhi Adhikari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

Loved seeing a new concept in self help books. Would surely read this book soon. Thanks for writing a review on this one.
Beatrice Ochieng
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatrice-ochieng.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Beatrice Ochieng »

Thank you for the informative review. This book is definitely a must-read as scammers have become notorious and it is an everyday challenge to avoid being scammed.
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

I have been scammed once. Definitely adding this to my bookshelves

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”