Review of The Lifespan Movement

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Review of The Lifespan Movement

Post by AntonelaMaria »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Lifespan Movement" by Nayana Williams.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Lifespan Movement: A progression to finding purpose, happiness and financial freedom by Nayana Williams is a memoir. She divided the book into three parts: The Early Years, Elizabeth, and The Journey of Lifespan. In the first part, she talks about heartbreaking and horrifying things she had to deal with, such as bullying at school, being raped as a child by an older male cousin, and losing her grandmother. However, there are some lovely memories she shares with us about her family, cousins, and falling in love for the first time. The second part, titled Elizabeth, is dedicated to the author’s special needs child. In the third part of this book, Williams shares creation, and the hard work she put into establishing and leading her company.

Being the only woman at the table is challenging. The author doesn’t sugarcoat her struggles while achieving all she did. Nevertheless, she persevered and thrived despite hardships. That is my favorite thing about this read. This book is also very relatable about handling struggles a person could have while finding their passion. Addressing the dilemma of, can women do it all? Williams doesn’t answer clearly but contributes to the conversation with her exceptional journey. This book is a thought-provoking and inspiring story. While the author is an incredible entrepreneur, my utmost respect goes to her for being a mother of a special needs child.

I can’t fault the author in the ways she tells her story. The way she is transparent with a specific part of her private life and yet stingy with others is her right. I respect it. Nevertheless, topics of her cheating husband and her wrongful arrest left me with some questions. It is a purely subjective remark about parts of the story I wish she is more forthcoming about in this book. Otherwise, there is nothing I disliked about this memoir.

If you are interested in female entrepreneurs’ books, pick this book up. I would recommend this book to all readers of non-fiction books, especially those who enjoy biographies and memoirs. I have to add that there is a trigger warning for the sexual assault of a child. While some content might be sensitive for some readers, there are no explicit scenes and vulgar language in this book.

I think this book was professionally edited because the three out of four errors I noticed are spacing issues. Because of that, and because there is objectively nothing I think could be improved, this book deserved a perfect rating of four out of four stars.

The Lifespan Movement
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

Memoirs aren't my favorite thing to read, but I may just check this one out. Great review.
Abraham V
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-v.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Abraham V »

what an inviting and honest review. I think women who aspire to be independent in the relevant aspects of the book should definitely check it out.
Cristina Corui Mihailescu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Christine M. Whitehead
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Shadow Song
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-corui-mihailescu.html
Latest Review: What is Autism? by Damien Rist
fav_author_id: 8698

Post by Cristina Corui Mihailescu »

Very interesting and comprehensive review. It makes me want to add the book to my shelves. Thank you!
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

The author is both brave and generous to be sharing her story. Great review
Stephen Otimaa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Stephen Otimaa »

What an impressive review, the memoire depicts what goes on in our social life and i think there are a lot of going concern here.!!
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Thank you for a good review! All these incidents are really tough and it sounds like a great book.
Reitumetse M 11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reitumetse-m-11.html
Latest Review: The Intense Reality of Eternity by John Carpenter

Post by Reitumetse M 11 »

Your review definitely has me intrigued. I am a fan of non-fiction reads, and the fact that this is about a female entrepreneur is the cherry on top. Thank you for painting such a clear picture of what to expect.
Akangbe Opeyemi
Favorite Book: Qualify
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akangbe-opeyemi.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Akangbe Opeyemi »

It takes a strong mind to be able to share the deepest struggles one experienced in life. I admire the author and would really want to read this book. Nice review
Ivy Katherine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Ivy Katherine M »

I enjoyed this read. It’s the first time for a long time that I was able to read a book from cover to cover in less than a day. Why? It was a really great read. Even if I didn’t know the author, I would’ve kept reading. Why? Because the book was beautifully written. Nayana's story also resonated because she courageously shared some of the trials that so many women have gone through, are going through or will go through.
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

The challenges and rewards of overcoming them are evident and encouraging, very inspiring and relatable......nice review
Oyedele Tomijane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleverspider001.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Oyedele Tomijane »

It takes a lot of guts to bare your soul to people the way the author did, and I find that very admirable. I am glad she was able to achieve what she set out to do and also glad she had the support of some members of her family. Thank you for such a great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”