Review of Anonymous Cultures, The Silent Majority

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tori_J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tori-j.html
Latest Review: Anonymous Cultures, The Silent Majority by Paul R. Fournier

Review of Anonymous Cultures, The Silent Majority

Post by Tori_J »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Anonymous Cultures, The Silent Majority" by Paul R. Fournier.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Anonymous Cultures, The Silent Majority: Strategies in Culture Management and Leadership is a book whose title says it all. This book investigates the issues affecting business cultures, how to solve those issues, and what happens if those issues go unaddressed. The author talks about perception. He makes it clear that perception is a big influencer when it comes to business and brands.

The cultural health of the employees in a business is essential. Its effects cannot be overlooked. This cultural health also extends to the customers. It is something every business owner and management team wants to pay attention to. This book talks about this subject at great length. It also talks about other similar issues.

This book is definitely a must-read for business owners and management teams. It can really help management change their perspectives on specific issues, which can help improve the cultural health of the business. I also recommend this book to entrepreneurs and people who plan to become entrepreneurs in the future. It is a book that will teach you how to manage situations and build an environment of maximum profit. If you can solve most of the employee and customer issues your business faces, it will inevitably lead to more profits.

I really had a great time reading this book. It was very educational, and that was just what I was looking for. I aspire to become an entrepreneur, and this book has set me in the right direction even more. One thing I really liked about this book is the fact that the author, Paul R. Fournier, included questions that serve as a guide to help you judge how well your business is doing in the aspects he discusses. This was definitely a nice touch.

What I did not like about this book was its repetitiveness. The author often goes back to specific topics he had already discussed. This was not so bad at first, as it helps the readers refresh their memories of the subject. Also, the author tends to include more information when he reverts to previous topics, so that was a plus. However, this becomes a problem when the author does this more than once. Going back once is fine, but going back twice is just frustrating. In my opinion, this made the book much longer than it would have been. I am okay with reading a lengthy book that contains invaluable information, but when the book becomes repetitive, that drains my energy. I believe the author could have rearranged the book to ensure that the repetitiveness was minimal.

I give this book a 3 out of 4 stars rating. The information it contains is priceless. It was an excellent read. I don't think it should be read in a sitting, though. I believe every entrepreneur and aspiring entrepreneur should have this book in their libraries. I also think management teams should go through this book. It is beneficial. The author of this book, Paul R. Fournier, is the president of a consultancy business. So, you can trust that you are in the hands of a professional while reading this book. The reason for the removal of one star is the part of the book which I found frustrating. I have stated this reason explicitly in my dislike section above.

Anonymous Cultures, The Silent Majority
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Dogs of Warr by TR Gabriel

Post by Ghuddie »

A book on strategies in culture management and leadership will present a great read. Business owners should jump on this one.
Harsh Soni 3
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading: My Life Journey in the New York Supreme Court
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harsh-soni-3.html
Latest Review: God is a Verb by Lynn Keller

Post by Harsh Soni 3 »

A book on culture development and business is a must-read. I love to read these type of books, as they can give me some important leadership and life lessons. I will surely consider this book for reading.
Raymond N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymond-n.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Raymond N »

This is definitely an insightful read entrepreneurs. Great book, splendid review!
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Apple 7 »

A corporate / entrepreneur related guide to ensure a steady foot in the business related environment......thanks for the review
CleverSpider001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleverspider001.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by CleverSpider001 »

I had no idea there was such a thing as "business culture." I'd like to read this book. It would almost certainly make me more business-minded. Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”